Sheets ain't working for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Posted by larry

Posted by Bob Andrews on April 18, 2001 at 15:11:46:

That was 8 months ago, sold it already. Interested in a course on aggressive tax management for small business?

Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by larry

Posted by larry on July 25, 2000 at 11:59:44:

I have had the Sheets course over a year now. I have made 19 (zero down) offers and they have all been turned down FLAT.

Anyone else having any luck WITH THIS COURSE? I only want to hear from people using the Sheets course. What Sheets techniques are working for you?

Offers in and of themselves Dont work… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on August 03, 2000 at 23:28:27:

Quit making offers and start creating solutions to solve folks problems and by doing so leaving some money on the table for yourself.

If you will look for motivated sellers and get them calling you and then put yourself between their problem and your solution deals will start to happen.

Structuring deals where no money comes out of your pocket comes from being creative and with experience it gets easier.

David Alexander

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on July 27, 2000 at 09:56:47:

You have been given some good advice so far. Definitely don’t give up.

One important thing that Mike mentioned is the win-win offer. Very few sellers will owner finance you if they don’t get some cash at closing. Maybe try for some flexible sellers where you can get them to finance you for low down and then borrow the down payment from another source like a credit card.

What about trying for lease options? Joe Kaiser has a how-to-article (and a whole course) on lease options. Alot has to do with going after landlords who are sick of being landlords. Tell them you will sign a long-term lease as long as you get an option to buy and the right to assign/sublet the lease.

Also try for more motivated sellers. I have had many times where sellers in utter despair offered to simply deed the house to me for zero. Just take over the payments. Lots of times these guys are in foreclosure or have minimal equity but they are just giving the house to you.

Best wishes. Hang in there!

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on July 27, 2000 at 24:39:41:

WIN WIN, are your offers WIN WIN?, the last thing you want to do is make a vendor feel like they are getting ‘taken’. The need to feel like its a ‘normal deal’ but creativly done. Fulfill people’s needs!

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by Dan

Posted by Dan on July 26, 2000 at 09:44:50:

Hi,you need to make 19 offers per week, not per year.I bought my first house with sheets course about two years ago.It does work,but it is just the basics.Since then I have bought many courses and books from this website.I have bought and sold 14 houses since then.I know thats not alot,but I’m on my way…

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by Alan

Posted by Alan on July 25, 2000 at 19:10:33:

I believe that sheet’s quoted that making offers on properties is a numbers game. You sometimes have to make over a hundred offers before you even get it accepted. MY advise to you is to get busy and make more offers. I would also try to target your offers to motivated sellers. Read the articles on this website and you will learn a few things about targeting motivated sellers.

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by GL

Posted by GL on July 25, 2000 at 13:59:55:

His techniques are not unique. They don’t work all the time and he says so. You have to find the Motivated Seller, the one out of forty or fifty sellers who will take anything. And you have to avoid Real Estate agents in most cases because they will kill all your deals.

Concentrate on finding a motivated seller first, before you even look at the property. Then look at the deal, the financing. If there is no possibility of creative financing forget it. Finally look at the house last - it is the least important element. Only if all 3 elements click should you even make an offer.

You are aready ahead of 90% of the people who take his course - they don’t even make 1 offer. If you keep on making offers but in a more selective way you will certainly get one accepted.

By the way you seldom get your first offer accepted, they usually come back with a counter offer and you go back and forth a few times to negotiate a deal. You may need to work on the negotiating part.

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by Rufus

Posted by Rufus on July 25, 2000 at 13:26:31:

Larry-

Please post some details on the properties,seller situations,amount of equity,how long props were on the market,and what type of no-money down deals you presented to the sellers.

If you post this some of the more experienced investors can help to evaluate this.

-Thanks,Rufus

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by sammy

Posted by sammy on August 01, 2000 at 23:31:18:

Yes, he does say it is a numbers game.

I just don’t see how the people in his infomercial are only working 15-20 hours a month managing property, looking for new deals and then making offers in such a short amount of time!!!

Sounds a little too good to be true.

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by cory

Posted by cory on July 30, 2000 at 11:37:38:

“Then look at the deal, the financing. If there is no possibility of creative financing forget it.”

What do you mean by “creative financing”

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on August 16, 2000 at 17:08:35:

Personally, I don’t believe his infomercial is correct. Specifically, at the very least, i think the people are on there are saying “net worth” but they mean “assets” and saying cash flow but they really mean gross rents. The would have to be getting A LOT of amazing deals in order to generate such cash flow and net worth in such a short period of time.

Mark

I can answer that in ONE word… - Posted by soapymac

Posted by soapymac on August 05, 2000 at 12:25:40:

PREPARATION.

Now, if you want to know how to prepare…start at Chapter One…Laying The Foundation For Your Financial Success.

“But I went through that.” Go Through it again! Ever watch “The Karate Kid?” If that was real life, how many times do you think the kid did the “Wash…Wax” routine?

If it can be done by the people in the infomercial who work fifteen to twenty hours a week, IT CAN BE DONE BY YOU!

Hit the books, kid. AND DON’T YOU DARE GIVE UP!

Cordially,

Roy MacLean
“soapymac”

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by Bob Andrews

Posted by Bob Andrews on August 08, 2000 at 22:42:47:

I also think you are hung up on conventional lending. My sis in law has 12 rentals & has flipped more than 20 houses beyond that to boot with lease options, thanks to CS. She plays the numbers game well, sending out 1000+ postcards a month, putting out 20 “I Buy Houses” signs Friday night & taking them up on Sunday evening, & running a month long ad for the same in Real Estate Wanted for 4 local newspapers. Get at least 5 signs on the same street in the same direction at each intersection, repetition works! I just bought 72 corrugated plastic 12" x 18" signs that say I BUY HOUSES “Fast Closings” then my number with the largest letters possible in cherry red on white in a Arial Bold font for $2.40 each! They actually silkscreen two signs onto 36 18"x24" boards & cut’em in half for 72. There was no setup charges because of the quantity. 1/8" wire stands are $1.75, I’m also using roofing felt nails painted white to nail these signs into a telephone pole, impossible to remove without a nail puller!

For financing, she has found mortgage lenders with private investors who have flexible lending policies (No FDIC or FSLIC rules to follow) to qualify even self employed or bankrupcies, just need a job. Your key is to locate privately funded lenders for mortgages to get L/O buyers. For every 1 buyer for conventional financing there are 3 buyers with $5000 or more to pay down that have spotty credit that will be glad to buy a L/O contract. Privatly funded lenders is the key. The other critical idea is to never offer unessential information to anyone, especially private lenders!

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by SHARON JARVIS

Posted by SHARON JARVIS on July 01, 2001 at 16:43:02:

Very good information. Thanks! I just ordered the course and I’m looking forward to jumping into the course. Everyone seems so skeptical. It’s good to get some real suggestions and feedback. I’d like to be able to contact you if I have questions once i get started. Would this be possible?

srj

Re: Sheets ain’t working for me!!! - Posted by Kelly

Posted by Kelly on April 18, 2001 at 15:06:51:

I just wanted to make you an offer on your sheets program, Since it ain’t working for you, maybe you are not the right person for the program. Let me know if you want to get rid of the program that you own!