Send Me $3,000 If you plan to use this info... - Posted by Houserookie

Re: Rarely do I read too much into something. - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on June 24, 2001 at 19:12:35:

Hi Houserookie,
I don’t find foreclosure assistance a “vehicle to help people move on”. That might be true in the case of unlawful detainer actions, but with foreclosure assistance, it’s usually very different.
Although these statutes might not be 100% current, perhaps you might visit http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn/state/462A/207.html
SUBD 7 covers repayment of foreclosure assistance monies upon sale of the property.
But, perhaps you are dealing with a different program, not the state one.

Does that answer the question as to whether I believe the program exists?

this is what gives RE investors a bad name - Posted by JSon(CA)

Posted by JSon(CA) on June 19, 2001 at 20:42:14:

Lazaro,

True real estate investors are NOT opportunist. If you will look in your dictionary, you will see that the word opportunist means to take advantage of opportunities without regard for the consequences of others. I have not been reading this CRE for long but that is not what I see most trying to do. Most are looking for ways to truly help people. And by dooing that getting paid for there time, talent, creativity, and investment.

A true real estate investor is a business person, but more than that they are professionals and honorable in words and deeds. A real estate investor is paid for his own work, time, talent, and investment that they have made to find an opportunity. What did you do to earn charging these people thousands of dollars? Did you use your talent? Your time? Did you use any of your resources? Why don’t you just give these people the phone number? If they still need your help, then use your time and resources and talent to make a deal.

To me this sounds borderline illegal and if it’s not it should be. That’s why tomorrow I will be calling the governor’s office in Minn. to tell him of opportunist trying to take advantage of the program and people’s misfortune. I will also email this entire thread and discussion to them.

If you think what you are doing is ok then continue. I think it should be a crime and I will notify as many people in Minn as I can put a stop to this. And I may even email this to the local newpapers there if I have to. I’m sure they will love to write another story about us evil creative investors taking advantage of the poor and misfortunate again.

Jung

Re: SCAM… Susan, Is Knowledge Free? - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on June 20, 2001 at 16:52:43:

So you got this info. just to help people out for free, is that what you are saying? And we should check with our state to see if they have something similar? And through what dept. is this program administerd in MN? Thanks in advance, your posts are always provocative(sp?)!

Re: Rarely do I read too much into something. - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 24, 2001 at 19:48:14:

Hi Jim,

I can’t seem to get to that link. It’s probably down.
There are many MN programs that resemble this one, including many neigborhood revitalization programs.

Some will loan money, for X period, as forgiveable loans. I am told that there is also a seperate state wide program, which could be the one u are referring to.

I like the program I mentioned earlier. So let’s see how many deals I can do.

Btw…may I ask how you, personally, plan to help people in foreclosure?

Re: this is what gives RE investors a bad name - Posted by Kim (FL)

Posted by Kim (FL) on June 19, 2001 at 22:47:03:

I’m just confused here. What is criminal about marketing a plan that could help a family and then helping them further by buying this home from people who want to sell? You’ve lost me.

Re: this is what gives RE investors a bad name - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 19, 2001 at 21:37:46:

You’re in the wrong business, my freind.

Walmart is hiring.

Reminds me of a story… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on June 19, 2001 at 21:33:41:

A guys car broke down. He called a mechanic who came over, looked under the car, and two seconds later replaced a screw. He then gave the owner a bill for $500. When the irate owner asked him to itemize the bill, he said "ok, 5 cents for the screw, $495.95 for knowing where to put it! Think about it.

NO, You should read the post completely first!!! - Posted by Lazaro

Posted by Lazaro on June 19, 2001 at 21:18:37:

First let me clarify one thing. I am not in this area and could care less who you call. If you think you are scareing me with you threats, I DON’T CARE!!! Send it to all the newspapers that you want and you will give a bad rep. for all real estate investors. First of all it ain’t in your own state!!! Good luck trying to get a hold of the Governor. But I do recommend that you do some research on the programs first. Hey, You should READ my ENTIRE post to understand what I have wrote. It seems to me like you didn’t understand me or didn’t read it correctly. Then you should not buy any home without offering 100% equity. Then if you don’t offer 100% equity then that should be a crime. You should re-think all you have said. There is nothing with taking over the payments of someone’s home and giving them the money to move. I don’t see anything wrong with it if it is LEGAL. So do as you please. It is all up to you. I know that I don’t work for free. I have to make a living like everyone else. As long as I do Legal business I will keep doing it. I will add that in my state their isn’t these programs but if there was I would contact my lawyer to see how it could be use to benefit BOTH the buyer and seller. By the way I believe that is my money! I pay taxes you know. People like you are that give everyone a bad name because you don’t read completely and jump to conclusions.
Cordially,
Lazaro

Re: Don’t use it without sending me $3000 - Posted by HOuserookie

Posted by HOuserookie on June 21, 2001 at 01:07:53:

Go to the local welfare, human service department.

I’m quite sure there are various forms of emergency assistance available nationwide. So I am told.

Re: Apologies - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on June 24, 2001 at 20:17:08:

I screwed the URL up
http://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/stats/462A/207.html
Sorry about that.

As a rule, I don’t directly help people in foreclosure. It’s not my focus. So as to not bore other readers and to avoid any board policy issues, perhaps you could mail me direct and I can elaborate.

Re: Reminds me of a story… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 19, 2001 at 21:52:38:

“You got ripped off and should be reported to the
FTC,” as some would say.

He he…

Another story… - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on June 19, 2001 at 21:48:42:

I cannot remember all of the specifics but there was a marketer who made a heck of a lot of money by writing a book called “How To Increase your Take home Pay.” Or something to that effect.

The basic info in the book was how to adjust your with holding each pay period. Again that was pretty well common knowledge but people ate it up.

Or the person who gathers all the info on government grants? Whats the name of that guy in the wild suit on TV? All government grant info.

Not sure if Houserookie is planning on going that far or not but people do it all the time. Right Wrong or Indifferent.

My Governor Is Jesse Ventura… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 19, 2001 at 21:50:39:

He’ll speak his mind, for sure. : )

He brings good entertainment to politic.

btw…I hear that America is home of great
opportunities for new immigrants.

Should we ummmmmm make that legal for
US citizens?

Re: Apologies - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 24, 2001 at 20:40:02:

Thanks.

Looks to me like another program available in MN, provided through nonprofit organizations.

I didn’t know about this one. I do now. thx. : )

Call it coincidence… - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 19, 2001 at 21:57:15:

but I just got an oil filter gasket changed three days ago.

Gasket costs $17.91. Labor $293.00.

I need Json to call the governor about this.

lol

Re: I would hope that isn’t a valid post from you. - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on June 19, 2001 at 23:54:28:

A bit on the sophomoric side, I’m hoping it wasn’t a legitimate post from you.

I dont know what u meant but it sounded racist - Posted by JSON(CA)

Posted by JSON(CA) on June 19, 2001 at 22:27:04:

Hoouserookie,

I am a legal US citizen! I have been for 12 years now. I love this country. I resent your implying that I am not. Your remarks have gone too far.

Re: If I had to guess, - Posted by Jim V

Posted by Jim V on June 24, 2001 at 21:02:09:

Most of the non-profits are utilizing state programs as part of their funding.
Guidelines will be mandated by the state, the non-profits are the ones who push the program.
Just a guess, but probably reasonable.

Re: I would hope that isn’t a valid post from you. - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on June 20, 2001 at 24:06:56:

How did u read it to mean?

Re: I dont know what u meant but it sounded racist - Posted by HOuserookie

Posted by HOuserookie on June 20, 2001 at 24:19:23:

How can I be racist? I have no idea who u are, what color u are, or where u are.

I do, however, have a problem with anyone saying they love this country, yet they like the old ways where they came from.

If u live, learn, and eat off of this country, you are an American.

My point is there is nothing wrong with “opportunities.” That’s what America is all about.

Now if u have a problem with opportunities, you need to get a job. And even then, you will have the “opportunity” to advance the ladder. And yes, then u might even take advantage of those underneath you.

Another point I want to bring up is that “creative real estate” investors specialize in taking advantage of “opportunities.”

The sellers are not going to call you. You have to seek them.

We speak of lease options. The mass doesn’t know what an option is. We speak of land trusts. The mass doens’t know what a trust is. We speak of fair market value. The mass falls asleep. We speak of taking risks and staying up all nite to share ideas. The mass is watching tv. We speak of creative financing and hard money lenders, the mass speaks of loan brokers.

We speak of quick sale and fast closing, the mass calls his agent to do the work.

Now please answer this question, “Shall we grant the same opportunity to those that watch tv all day long?”

Sure…why not .

But most won’t. What they won’t do themselves, I plan to take the opportunity to profit from them.