Selling Newer MH with Lein - Posted by Rob R.

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on April 07, 2002 at 15:45:05:

…it doesn’t look like you have anything to wrap with it. No or little equity depending on if you can find a blind man who wants it.

If you are religious, pray that someone will just come along and take over your payments.

Taxes??? Well if you move out and rent it for a while you might be able to claim a tax loss on the difference between what you bought and sold it for. Seek COMPETENT tax advice, not mine.

Oh, just in case you really do find that blind man, just take him to your lender and the lender will handle the title transfer etc. Try to find someone who has credit equal to, or better than yours. In my case that would be a slam dunk.

Best Wishes, doc

Selling Newer MH with Lein - Posted by Rob R.

Posted by Rob R. on April 07, 2002 at 15:06:14:

Please help! I live in a '98 16 X 80 in a nice park and need to sell it. The problem is I still owe about $32K to the bank. I’ve talked to several people who seem to think the only way to sell it quick is to offer owner financing with a wrap. I’m very inexperienced in this area and am hoping someone in the know can offer suggestions. How much down, terms, anything specific to put in the contract? What about transferring title and property taxes? Any suggestions are much appreciated.