Seasoning - Posted by Jim- Fl.

Posted by Jim-Fl. on November 04, 2000 at 15:23:55:

Thanks for your input. As I read the comments about seasoning I can see that if it were enforced by everyone it would create real problems.

Seasoning - Posted by Jim- Fl.

Posted by Jim- Fl. on November 02, 2000 at 17:02:50:

Just started reading the messages a few days ago and I am impressed with the sincere effort of the more experienced people to help those who need it.
I am in the process of deciding which course/courses to purchase.
I gather from the posts that the seasoning requirement is something new.
1.Does it apply to all states?
2.Should I let it effect the decision about what materials I buy?
3.How much bearing does it have on the industry?

Thank you,

Jim

Re: Seasoning - Posted by Douglas

Posted by Douglas on November 04, 2000 at 13:07:09:

Hi Jim:

You will be glad to know there are companies and methods that work well in all States. No seasoning required. Simultaneous closings. No problem when done right. Worthwhile learning curve required.

Douglas

Re: Seasoning - Posted by Eric Fl

Posted by Eric Fl on November 02, 2000 at 20:51:35:

Don’t let it effect what you want to do! It doesn’t bother me and I’m very new at this…I haven’t had a problem yet! I have the CS course and another course that I got for free on this site from Jack Compton. Jack is really informative…I’ll send you a copy if you’d like. It might make the difference on your course decision! Email me back and let me know. I use the CS course in Miami-Dade Co and Monroe Co and no complants so far. By the way what area of FL are you investing? I’m in the Keys!!!

Hope it helps
Eric Fl

Re: Seasoning - Posted by Mark-NC

Posted by Mark-NC on November 02, 2000 at 18:28:04:

Jim,
The seasoning issue is becoming a real deterrent for many investors. It can still be done and it seems to very from state to state. But one thing I do know is Florida is one of the harder states to deal with. The reason is there has been a lot of fruad in Florida and it has made lenders very cautious.

There may be some florida investors on the board that may know of a mortgage broker that can still get the deals done. I would talk to a few of them and see what may be available.

As far as wondering what materials to buy, I wouldn’t put all your effort or money into just this type of deal. But I wouldn’t dismiss not learning what you can about it either.

To answer your last question. Yes, it has a big affect on the industry, but you know what? Don’t let that stop you, there are and will be other ways to make these deals work. They may require a little more work or creativity on your part but it’s all part of the game.

Best wishes,

Mark