SEARCH ARCHIVES - Posted by CK

Posted by Dmitry_PA on July 18, 2001 at 08:21:27:

You can do pretty much only 3 things here - try again, search only older archives that are broken down by month, and hope they come up with the better search system.
A while back somebody (Terry Vaughan?) sat down and manually sorted all the files and placed them in corresponding directories by month. It has not been done again for awhile now. So the result is that the files are piling up in one directory now, and whenever you try to search the current archive the search engine just dies because of the enormous number of files in this directory. So, it’s not you, it’s them, and there is nothing you can do about it…

Dmitry_PA

SEARCH ARCHIVES - Posted by CK

Posted by CK on July 17, 2001 at 22:58:57:

Hello All…I know this may be a liitle off the usual subject matter, however, I would appreciate your assistance. Whenever I try to search the archives, my connection times out before I am able to retrieve the search results.

I am connected via a cable modem. What settings do I need to tweak to correct this problem???

Thanks in advance for your help

ck

Working on it! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on July 18, 2001 at 11:15:53:

We are installing a new indexing program to upgrade the search functions. Sorry, but it is taking a bit of work. We’ll have it worked out soon, I hope.