Screwy MH title, update / Quiet Titles - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by Gator on November 19, 1998 at 16:55:23:

John,
It sounds like you really know how to find good deals but you didn’t get a clear title. Haven’t you been there before? I really don’t know what I would do in your situation but I always have the seller go down to the County Clerks office with me when we transfer the title and then I give them the money (check not cash). Just a thought for what little it’s worth. You might do a people search on Yahoo to see if you can find the right Mr. Brown but if your in a large metropolitan area, I got a feelin theres gonna be a lot of them.

Best wishes and good luck on this one from your friend,
Gator
(How bout them Vols? That Fiesta Bowl is so close I can already taste the Tostitos)

Screwy MH title, update / Quiet Titles - Posted by John (KS)

Posted by John (KS) on November 19, 1998 at 14:53:16:

After spending half the day yesterday, running around, trying to straighten this title out, I have not progressed at all. The title is in the name of Mr. Brown, but was signed by Mr. Robertson and never sent in. Mr. Robertson sold it to the guy I bought it from. I have been searching for Mr. Robertson, without luck. I got 3 possible addresses from the courthouse, none panned out. I asked the state title dept., “what happens if the the title was lost?” They said I would have to find Mr. Brown and have him reapply for a duplicate title, since Mr. Robertson never sent it in. None of the Ed Brown’s I talked to was the right one. The courthouse told me I could apply for a quiet title and the only way I could do that was to get an attorney. This is a $500 MH, do I really want to hire a lawyer? I think I should get out while I can, telling the new buyer that it has title problems and sell it to them so I just break even to get out of this. What do you think?