?'s on getting started as a bird dog - Posted by Valerie

Posted by BillW. on July 30, 2001 at 21:58:34:

Valerie,
Check Joe Kaiser’s posts on this subject. I agree 100 percent with what he said.
Find motivated sellers, don’t focus on properties so much. If you’re working vacant properties, learn how to find the owners. There’s plenty of info available on this site.
BillW.

?'s on getting started as a bird dog - Posted by Valerie

Posted by Valerie on July 30, 2001 at 12:11:41:

Hello all,

I hope these questions aren’t too redundant. I searched the archives but didn’t find exactly what I was looking for so I decided to post my questions.

I have decided to bird dog for a while to learn the ropes on wholesaling. I purchased Steve Cooks course and found it very informative. I was planning on calling the 2 people that currently have “I buy houses” ads in my paper to and asking them if they would like help finding properties. The next REI meeting in my area isn’t for 4 weeks and I don’t wait that long but when I go I am hoping to network with those investors also. Does anyone have any other ideas on finding investors to bird dog for? Also, questions for anyone that has done it, did you just drive around neighborhoods looking for abandoned properties? Were there other ways that you found properties?

Anyway, sorry for the repeat questions. Thank you to everyone at this site for helping us “newbies” out.

Valerie

P.S. I’m in the Denver area.