Russ Whitney around NY area again-beware - Posted by MC

Posted by Rob on May 26, 2004 at 09:47:45:

Frank:

There is a mortgage, but it doesn’t start until 90 days after purchase to make payments, so I have time either to fix it up, repair it, or flip it. Believe me, we pay for this loan, and the hard lender is very understanding. They want us to succeed, so they can continue to loan money to us.

I could have assigned, or double close, but I promised this house to someone.

We are looking at our option. We are getting offer, and I was thinking about how to help this individual start off with a little down, so he can get his feet wet. I am thinking that he can cash my partner out, and give the lender a little more, so that they will allow him to step in. We get the money, and he gets the house for a discount, fix up, and refi. Everyone is happy.

What is your thoughts on this? I am sure you have a better, and easier way to do this. I am working on other deals, and thinking about no money down, b/c the deals are sweet, around 25% off, & 500 Positive. Everyone wants this, but they would have to give me 1/2 of the property, and put up the down payment, and get the loan for this tri-plexs- NO MONEY DOWN!!!
Man, I love this game!!! Helping others, while they help you, lol!!!

And yes, You do have to Love the USA, b/c they give you the opportunities to do this! Other countries, it can be done, but it is more difficult. I will try to do it later, while traveling.

Rob

Russ Whitney around NY area again-beware - Posted by MC

Posted by MC on May 20, 2004 at 13:57:54:

Hello. I’m in the NY area and I see Russ Whitneys commercials on the TV and just want to post to let you know my experience with his program. I bought his course for over $100 dollars. It was alot of fluff, no real information on how to buy real estate with no money down but just a big adverstisement to go to florida and take his seminar-for alot more money. I went to one of his free seminars they talk about on the show and you get what you pay for-nothing. Its alot of talk on what you COULD do or Might be able to do but nothing on HOW to do anything-unless you want to sign up (and pay) for more. I even paid for his coaching program for $1100 and they told me I needed his R.E. software to really get the most from the coaching-for an extra $1900-$3000 total. I was told it was about 12 week training-which was one 30 min call a week, then 8 weeks investment training and that they would work with me until I bought a property. Well the 12 weeks was a gentleman from Utah who had no Idea of NY RE market who ended up leaving after 9 weeks so I got a new instructor who gave me three weeks of the same crap the first guy gave me-which was more just talk then any real plan. Then after 12 weeks the instructor says “OK now go and and start making offers and anytime you have a question you can call us”! When I asked about the Software I “NEEDED” he told me he never used it and didnt really know what it was but that I should open it up and check it out. So I have a $1900 software program here that has never been used and I’m $3000 in the hole. So beware-if it sounds to good to be true, in the case of Russ Whitney…IT IS!
MC

Re: Russ Whitney around NY area again-beware - Posted by How true

Posted by How true on May 21, 2004 at 10:55:26:

There are plenty of good books out there that are between $30 and $60 that will do everything that these gurus claim to do. They are never worth the money they cost. My old roommate spent a total of $15000 on courses. From Russ Whitney, Robert Allan, Del Dotto. He is now so broke he is living in a mens shelter.

Re: Russ Whitney around NY area again-beware - Posted by Brenda

Posted by Brenda on May 21, 2004 at 08:40:28:

Thanks MC. I always look for testimonials like yours. Thanks for preventing me from wasting my money.

Re: Russ Whitney around NY area again-beware - Posted by Rob

Posted by Rob on May 21, 2004 at 11:06:44:

Most of the materials these gurus put out work, but needs to be adjusted.

You’re former roommate did he go out and apply it in the real world, b/c most people are only thinking about getting rich, w/o doing any work. Believe me, it is work.

I don’t care you know everything- read the books, courses, workshops, seminars, bootcamps.

“Without the motivation, and ACTION,” NOTHING HAPPENS!

Start by learning what people are talking about, and doing. Pick up a good book, or go to the library to get learn the lingo, first.

Re: Russ Whitney around NY area again-beware - Posted by Tyrone

Posted by Tyrone on June 14, 2004 at 12:53:24:

Apparently, Russ Whitney is an ex-convict. Not sure if this is true. A friend sent me this site…chek it out

Re: Russ Whitney around NY area again-beware - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on May 21, 2004 at 11:35:32:

My former roommate was an idiot that was taken advantage of. He didn’t have the brains to do anything but he believed them, each time when they told him just one more course would do it for him. These are the type of people that are preyed on. He honestly was not very bright.

Posted by Rob on May 21, 2004 at 11:50:21:

One has to see what is their needs. Those seminar gurus are targeting beginners who wants to get rich, and don’t have the slight ideal. Some people will buy anything someone will tell them, And C’mon, everyone, you don’t want to be a seminar junkie, do you???

Next time, ask what is their success rate. It is a very tough question to answer, but it is a start.

Re: Russ Whitney around NY area again-beware - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on May 21, 2004 at 12:15:31:

Maybe start a new thread about the real success rates. I’d love to know the percentage of people that made more than what it cost them for these courses. I made some money in Real Estate but it was just luck, and I have not taken the courses. I bought at the right time. My roommate could not have bought no matter what. He did not have a job and even with a significant downpayment, no bank would carry it for him.

Posted by Rob on May 21, 2004 at 14:49:52:

Hate to tell you, but I just brought a house with no money down, and I have no job, income, bad credit,no money, and a government lien against me. also, got out of jail about a year ago.

If I can do it, anyone can!

That’s why I love the USA… - Posted by Frank Chin

Posted by Frank Chin on May 26, 2004 at 05:32:53:

Rob:

We know a relative with no known job, has a house, three cars in the driveway (two working most times), several color TV’s in the house (got them when the TV’s fell off the trucks somewhere) , plus cable service (has to disconnect from his neighbor when the cable truck comes around).

My brother-in-law thought we should pay this relative for some lessons on how we could live as well with NO JOB.

I understand you can buy it “no down”, but how do you pay the mortgage, taxes, utilities, repairs with no job though??

Thanks for the insight.

Frank Chin