ron legrand's courses...and this site. - Posted by David

Posted by Legrand fan on October 19, 2002 at 07:49:20:

Hi, just read your message on Ron’s course. I am considering it also. How was it for you? How many properties have you flipped? Rehabbed? Rehabbing sounds like a lot of work, but exciting. Thanks for any replies.

ron legrand’s courses…and this site. - Posted by David

Posted by David on January 18, 2001 at 15:40:24:

Hello to all. I purchased all three of ron legrands courses. Just finished wholesale/retail and leasing. I will be starting fsbo next.

Also in the process of setting up the front and back end of the biz. Will be proofing my biz cards today!!! Have answering service lined up. Newspaper ads will be next. My attorney is reviewing all the contracts i will be using from ron’s courses. Working on the “ant farm”. Have a dedicated office in my home with all the equipment. IE: computer, fax, printers, 3 phone lines, etc. I will be using data quick for online access to sales comps and public records. Looking into screening service for my lease option deals for t/bs. Next I will be looking for a mortgage broker for available funds when needed to secure a deal. will be focusing on ugly houses to wholesale and L/O.

We live in northern california, Shasta county. We have a population of 75,000 just in the city limits. Rural area.
county wide population is about 250,000.
Would not mind networking with others here at home. I Do not see others advertising in any of the newspapers wanting to buy homes. I Wonder where all my competition is? Maybe the know something I don’t? Doesn’t matter. I am moving forward thanks to this site! Thank you.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I truly appreciate this site. Thank you. It is nice to read the help and assistance and encouragement that is given here. I hope soon that I will be experienced and knowledgeable enough to contribute here.

I am almost 44 years old. My wife is disabled and cannot work.
I was laid off from my job two days before my wife was to have major surgery on 11/2/00. I was sure glad that I was studying ron’s courses!!! It has been tough thought. I have taking care of my wife and our 6 year old twin boys while trying to study. Have a daughter in college also.
So I study at night after I put the boys to bed and early in the morning before their up. During the day, I am MR. MOM. So the process is slow but I am almost there.

I am determined to make this work for us. I do not like the alternative. Which is going back to the rat race and the J.O.B.!!!

The Point I am trying to make is do not give up!!! If you really want to be a REI then do it. What’s the worst thing that can happen. I ask myself often. Tomorrow will come no matter what you do. So, Do IT!.

I feel more alive now than I have in a long time. I am scared, excited, and best of all, I am challenged!!! I do not want to look back and regret that I never got involved in real estate investing. I want more time to spend with my twin boys. I want to be involved in their T-Ball, Soccer and other activities. I hope and pray that REI will be the vehicle.
Based on what I read on this site I conclude that this can be done.

I plan I purchasing more courses from this site soon. Bronchick’s and Kaiser’s courses to be exact. I feel like a giant sponge soaking up this new found knowledge. The exciting part is that I will be putting it into action very very soon!

Enough rambling, sorry. Thanks agian to all the folks who contribute to this site. With warmest regards, David

Re: ron legrand’s courses…and this site. - Posted by Troy W.

Posted by Troy W. on January 18, 2001 at 21:52:24:

David, your story touched my heart. I also just purchased all 3 of Legrand’s courses right before Thanksgiving.

Have been studying every night after I put my twins(1 boy & 1 girl) to bed. Me and my wife both work but we cannot afford a babysitter yet, so she only works part-time. I’m in the military and my days are so crazy.

But I, like you made an agreement with myself that no matter what it takes I’m going to see this through. I just got my business cards back yesterday and have been passing them out, posting them on bulletin boards and dropping them in fish bowls.

After reading your story I feel like there is someone else out there that is tired of the rat race and wants something better for them and there family.

I’m currently in the middle of the FSBO MOD, already have my phone,fax/printer and my cell phone. I will be putting my ad in the paper next week and also looking into radio spots.

Once you get to CD 13, they have a discussion on why you should go to the Multiple Offers bootcamp. And the one guy stated that if you don’t go where will you be next year? So that is my goal to make to bootcamp in Atlanta in June,and starting getting what I deserve in life. Wish me luck. Once again thank you for such an inspiring story.

Saw a great quote on TV: “The greatest risk of all, is the one not taking”

Thanks
Troy

Re: ron legrand’s courses…and this site. - Posted by David

Posted by David on January 19, 2001 at 13:40:25:

Hello Troy.

Thanks for responding. Twins too!!! Thats great. How old are your twins? I wish you the very best on your REI adventures. I would like to keep in touch with you to share any ideas and to help and encourage each other.

I like the quote you posted. How true it is! Saw the proof to my biz cards today. They look great, bright but great!

Feel free to email me Troy, at busyworkin@msn.com

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest Regards,
David

Re: ron legrand’s courses…and this site. - Posted by Vic

Posted by Vic on January 30, 2001 at 12:40:50:

Hello Troy & David,
I too am getting set up in my area (S.W. Washington)I purchased all 3 of Ron’s courses just before Christmas and have listened to all the CD’s at least once.I have ad’s starting Feb.1 in daily news and nickel ad papers.I have an answering service that will take all the calls and collect all the imformation for me.I’m very excited about this new opportunity to help people out, both in getting out of properies they don’t want or need any longer, and in helping people buy a home that may not be able to other wise. I believe if we keep helping others in the for front of our new ventures, and follow Ron’s lead we will SUCCEED.Buy the way check out vistaprint.com for great deals on business cards and more.
Good luck to both of you,
Vic
PS: feel free to e-mail me.vicgood@yahoo.com