Robert Allen "OMG Why is he back?" - Posted by Bob in New Jersey

Posted by George on January 09, 2003 at 24:46:30:

Hello,

I agree with almost everything except one, Robert Allen, you don’t have to worry for his real networth, we may never know how well he is doing because I feel that as many smart investors and wealth builders have done he has discovered something called trusts.

By the way, his “vitamin” business as you call it is one of his streams of income, in fact, he and his wife belongs to the million dollar club (or people who has earned more than one million dollars) in that “vitamin” company. Their business is worth a few million dollars.

If you read his latest 3 books (you don’t have to buy them the library may have them), including the last one written with Mark Victor Hansen “the One Minute Millionaire” you will learn that he is a strong advocate for multiple streams of income, real estate happen to be one of the most important.

Finally, we agree on most of the concepts on real estate, I don’t think we do not have to discuss other people wealth or expertise, specially if we do not have the real facts.

My goal, and I am sure your goal is to increase our personal knowledge and networth and even been able to assist others in doing the same, and I think we will do better if we stick to that subject.

Deal?

George

Robert Allen “OMG Why is he back?” - Posted by Bob in New Jersey

Posted by Bob in New Jersey on January 05, 2003 at 17:21:23:

The other night I was flipping through the TV channels and Low and Behold “He’s Back”…Can this be? Is Robert Allen Back? He looks a lot older and about 100 pounds bigger… but I did recognize his trade mark black pin stripped suit and black rim eye glasses… He has a new infomercial…but the materials and the pitch was the same old slock!!! don’t wanna’s…allegators…etc!!!
Didn’t Robert Allen the one time Boy Wonder of the Nothing Down Deal and author of several book file for bankruptcy?
I also thought that he was selling vitimins…Well I guess the Real Estate market is hot for him again!!!
My suggestion for anyone interested in his expensive mentoring /coaching system whereby he wants to make you his next millionare is “BUYER BEWARE”

He is good - Posted by George

Posted by George on January 07, 2003 at 12:22:28:

Despise his bankrupcy problems, Robert Allen is VERY good! I learned a lot from his first books and tapes, and they worked in the real world.

His problems are more based on his personal disorganization and given control to others, but he is a master in teaching real estate and also marketing.

IMO he is one of the more brilliant man in teaching different ways to create income. He also is very good in directing you to good sources of information.

George

Re: Robert Allen “OMG Why is he back?” - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on January 06, 2003 at 20:09:30:

Here’s a brief background on Robert Allen:

Allen got into financial difficulty with the IRS as early as 1984. In 1986, IRS filed a $346,395.79 lien against Allen. In 1987, when trying to explain his financial difficulties, he also had:

· another $65,649.90 IRS lien
· more than $76,000 of delinquent tax warrants filed by the State of Utah
· lawsuits and judgments regarding over $100,000 in unpaid fees to fellow gurus who spoke at his meetings

Allen declared bankruptcy in May of 1996. Allen was telling people his bankruptcy was caused by an avalanche that destroyed an expensive home he and his wife were building. The avalanche occurred around February. But the IRS and the State of Utah had filed liens against him for non-payment of taxes months before the avalanche. And there is still the fact that he was in financial difficulty before the avalanche ever happened. There is the question of why he was building a mansion in the mountains when he was not paying his state and federal taxes like the rest of us.

So, as an earlier post indicated - “BUYER BEWARE” !!

Re: Robert Allen “OMG Why is he back?” - Posted by Martin Greenberg

Posted by Martin Greenberg on January 06, 2003 at 08:27:03:

Dear Bob:
This keeps old Bob off unemploment.

Re: Robert Allen “OMG Why is he back?” - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on January 05, 2003 at 17:51:20:

I dunno. I will say I got out as much out of his book “Nothing Down for the 90’s” as I got out of Carleton Sheet’s program. The price was a whole lot better too, free from the local library.

Gib

Re: He is good - Posted by Robert in New Jersey

Posted by Robert in New Jersey on January 08, 2003 at 08:57:34:

George!!
My point was simply this:
Yes many of Robert Allen’s ideas are good ones and his books have a great deal of information that you or any investor can use. But my question is simply this. Do you need to pay big bucks to join his new mentoring/coaching program for the possibility of becomming his next millionare? By the way! has anyone ever claimed to be his first millionare? George read as many books as you can on real estate investments that meets your particular needs and continue to read the many posts here and you will gain all the knowledge that you need to become a sucessful real estate investor. Remeber the best real estate investor is an educated one. Most people here will be more than happy to answer anyof your questions. Never forget “BUYER BEWARE”

His workshop has come to my city. - Posted by John

Posted by John on January 12, 2003 at 22:59:11:

Is it worth it to attend? Just curious. I don’t know diddly about him or his workshops.

You are right, although I will add - Posted by George

Posted by George on January 08, 2003 at 13:19:04:

Agree in some points, now we have to keep in consideration that many need personal guidance, IMO a good coaching is a good way to go, not everybody is a go-getter, some need to be held accountable because sadly most people have not been trained to be self-employed or accountable to theirselves or others. Also, most people do not have access to a personal coach or mentor.

Also, I agree that this board is a great source of very fresh information not found many times in other sources, although I believe that the growing curve can be increased by having a systemized point by point guide that can help us to make less mistakes and cover more ground.

Certainly it has worked for me, I have not made millions in RE yet but I have used option/assign contracts to flip a few properties with ideas I learned from Robert Allen and ideas I am learning from people like Legrand, and of course, some of the members here.

In my regular business I learned the same way and it has earned me a respectable amount of money. RE for me is part of diversification, very important if we want to create real wealth.

Saying that, I emphasize STRONGLY that this board is a great place to increase our knowledge in real estate and other related topics like financing, paper, etc.

We learn how techniques are working in real life, plus as I said before, we learn fresh ideas that many times are not found in any seminar, book or set of tapes yet.

George

P.S I do not know who was his first millionaire, but, I have met people who claimed they became milionaires with Robert Allen’s materials and/or coaching, one of them is a neighboor and friend who used to be an artist in the mid 80’s who is worth a few million dollars today with a huge monthly income (more than most people earn in a year).

Re: You are right, although I will add - Posted by Bob in New Jersey

Posted by Bob in New Jersey on January 08, 2003 at 16:08:11:

Well then George we agree.
I have had a great deal of sucess with lease/lease options as well as flipping properties I have done 2 rehabs and deceided thats not for me, and I now have a few rentals which give off a positive cash flow. I left my job 3 years ago and have never looked back. I make more in one month than most people make in a year. This good fortune of mine didn’t come cheap. I went through a learning curve. I made lots and I mean lots of mistakes before I got it right. I read as many as 100 books on real estate, bought a few ,well maybe more than a few lol real estate courses. I understand that many wanna be investors have that initial fear to over come. Perhaps for them the only way to get their feet wet is a one on one personal coaching system. However, I think those people might first try other avenues. They can join their local real estate investment club. Make friends there and offer to become a bird dog for some of the experienced investors. Many experienced real estate investors are more than willing to take a newbie under there wings and help/coach them for free. They should also gain some knowledge of their local market and then if they still need one on one coaching perhaps then and only then they should go for it. Or maybe they should take some motovational courses at a local college. The cost for a course is very inexpensive and is well worth it. But again “BUYER BEWARE”
Just an after though!!! If Robert Allen is as good as he claims to be, then why isn’t he a millionare himself? He cannot not or will not produce any evidence of his (current) alledged wealth. And no I do not believe it’s because of some past, current or future pending legal problems… I can’t help asking myself…How does one go from (alledged) self made (throguh real estate) millionare to a vitamin sales man and then back to Real Estate Guru. I guess the vitamin business didn’t fare too well for Robert. Robert Allen may know his real estate…but somehow in his case 2 plus 2 does not add up to 4 thats just my (2 cents)opinion…
Hopefull others here will express their own opinions …
George best of luck on your real estate ventures
and now let you and I expend our energies pursuing our real estate ventures