removing someone from a judgement? - Posted by Eljo

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 20, 2003 at 21:34:58:


Use a “satisfaction of judgment” form. Put information about the judgement on the form and state on it that the defendant “unhappy mommy” is hereby released from the judgment. You might say that all other defendants are still liable for the obligation.

If you can’t find a form like that at your local stationary stores, go to a law library and ask for a forms book for judgments and the like.

Good Investing******Ron Starr************

removing someone from a judgement? - Posted by Eljo

Posted by Eljo on August 20, 2003 at 11:44:03:

I have received a judgement for damages and eviction in 2 people’s names. One however, had moved out prior to the damages but her late-teenage year old son still lived there, and since her name was on the lease and I did not know her sons name, I put her on the judgement, too. I did not even now how to contact her, and I assumed she would be served, and show up in court. Well, the people who still lived there did not notify her that she had been served so she was unaware of the eviction until she received the paperwork somehow from the court. Then she called me very upset, wanting her name off this judgement, and it turns out that it was not her son that lived there, but the son of the other person, who lied about who he was because he was always in trouble with the law.

Bottom line-- I want to remove her name from the judgement, but leave the other party on it and responsible for the entire amount. how can I?? I appreciate any help. Thank you!