Realtor(R) Jumps Fence - No Joke - Posted by Chuck Perry - TX

Posted by BR on November 03, 2000 at 03:58:38:

Don’t you wish!

Realtor(R) Jumps Fence - No Joke - Posted by Chuck Perry - TX

Posted by Chuck Perry - TX on November 03, 2000 at 02:34:07:

I just have to tell this story.

I got this pre-foreclosure property under contract about a day ago, and a local investor/realtor has been trying to get my seller to break the contract.

Anyway, I show up at her door for some routine follow up/hand holding and guess what she tells me? The realtor just went out the back and over the fence.

She called me complaining that he want stop calling and coming by. Has anybody ever had this “problem”?

Funny (LOL)

Re: Investor not in touch with reality - no joke - Posted by Lenny

Posted by Lenny on November 05, 2000 at 06:24:55:

It seems that Chuck would rather get a few cheap laughs than see the truth. That seller called me crying hysterically begging for me to help her out of her foreclosure problem…she said she lost her son in a terrible divorce proceding because she attempted suicide and was having heart attacks from the stress…AND on medication. (she had on open bottle of 'Hard Lemonade’out)…I spent 2 hours calming her down and explaining that there were many solutions to saving her equity (I don’t steal houses)…as a Realtor I could sell it for full market value (the house was in a VERY hot area)…or bring in a ‘retail’ investor to cash her out (too thin an investment for me).

When Chuck drove up she started freaking even more. I left for her benefit…I have been to many houses where other investors/Realtors were there…no big deal.

I never knew she had a contract.

Chuck called me to get my Brokers name and address…and I asked what this was about…Chuck refused to talk to me.

Since I know of Chuck from our local Wealthbuilders group I was really surprised that he took this attitude.

Re: LOL! - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on November 03, 2000 at 11:59:11:

Gee, I wonder if the sight of this guy running scared affected his credibility with the seller? That’s funny as he11!

Stacy

Shoe on the other foot… - Posted by ScottE

Posted by ScottE on November 03, 2000 at 09:49:18:

I wonder what the Realtor’s reaction would be if roles were reversed and you were trying to do what he’s doing?

I think we all know that he would be livid, spread the (dirty) word about you and find as many threatening things that he could to say to you.

I’m with you, Chuck, this one is funny, but what if your seller wasn’t quite as ‘firmed up’ with you and could be persuaded?

I think I might be inclined to swat that dog in the nose with a newspaper in the form of a letter from your lawyer. Ohhh, something about tortious interference with present and future contracts, etc. Perhaps he might not be so anxious to play with the deals you have.

Scott