Real Estate Investment Clubs - Posted by Kim

Posted by Alan Kreglow on July 11, 2001 at 14:14:36:

Check out http://www.nationalreia.com/ – The National Real Estate Investors Association works with local investor groups to share resources and exchange information. They list affiliated groups with contact names and numbers.

Real Estate Investment Clubs - Posted by Kim

Posted by Kim on July 11, 2001 at 09:21:02:

How many of you join these clubs, and are they worth while, particularly if they are 1 - 2 hours away?

Re: Real Estate Investment Clubs - Posted by SueC

Posted by SueC on July 11, 2001 at 12:31:51:

All I can say is mine is great but it’s large and well established. Many people drive 1-2 hours to come to this. It’s at least worth a visit as a guest, make sure you contact someone in advance who can introduce you to people. You don’t have to go to every meeting, but if they have an email discussion list or something, you’ll be able to benefit even without the monthly meetings. Definitely worth at least checking out, the networking may be fantastic.

Re: Real Estate Investment Clubs - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on July 11, 2001 at 12:05:58:

Hi Kim,
I not only joined one but I recently formed one. Although driving 1-2 hours every month may not be worth it for you, I suggest at least going a few times a year. Perhaps even start you own club. Best of luck to you.

CurtNY

Re: Real Estate Investment Clubs - Posted by Irving

Posted by Irving on July 11, 2001 at 12:46:54:

Hi Curt:
Glad you could form your own. Was wondering if you found any type of resource to guide you along? Book, national REIC, or something. Albany, Schenectady area could use one also.