READY TO DO L/O-HELP - Posted by Heidi

Posted by jeff on July 10, 2001 at 22:28:49:

Get a lawyer for your first deal. You’ll probably want to have one anyway if your planning on being in this business. There is a lot that CS doesn’t go into. You can make big money, but RE is fraught with legalities.

READY TO DO L/O-HELP - Posted by Heidi

Posted by Heidi on July 10, 2001 at 20:25:54:

I have the house, now need to fill out contracts correctly. I have never done any RE contracts, should I get a RE lawyer to help? Need info, I don’t want to mess this one up. I have Carlton Sheets course, will his contracts be leagl in WA. state? Thanks to all who respond…

Re: READY TO DO L/O-HELP - Posted by Russ Sims

Posted by Russ Sims on July 11, 2001 at 24:55:38:

It’s a great idea to have a lawyer and if you can afford one, hire 'em. Now, with that disclaimer out of the way, I can tell you that setting up a L/O without a lawyer is a slam/dunk. You do need to have the proper forms, though, and the Sheets forms fall well short of what you really need. I have done scores of L/Os in Wa. State so e-mail me and I’ll walk you through it.