RE license issue revistied - for Bill Bronchick - Posted by mattc - mi

and what exactly do you think - Posted by Houserookie

Posted by Houserookie on October 10, 2003 at 11:21:30:

brokering means?

They teach classes and each state has books that cover the laws as they relate to RE brokerage. I’d like to know what your definition of brokarge means so I can compare to the pages upon pages covered in this book I have front of me.

Perhaps we can compare notes to see if what you’re doing might require licensing?

Or maybe you’re right this is just a waste of disk space. Who cares about RE laws anyways right?

Re: and what exactly do you think - Posted by Tom PA

Posted by Tom PA on October 10, 2003 at 11:54:31:

I don’t mind discussing RE Laws. As a matter of fact I enjoy it at times.

What I do doesn’t require a License in PA, IL or GA. These are the only states that I have operated in so they are the only ones which have mattered to me.

If you recall the original topic revolved around the laws of MI and MN. I did not question the validity of the interpretation. I questioned the logic behind the law.

I still quesiton that logic. I haven’t read anything that makes sense as to the purpose of it. Your explanation was that it protected the homeowner from predatory so-called investors. But I continue to ask ‘How does it do this’? I can’t see it.

So unless an explanation is forth coming then, yes, this is a waste of disk space.