Re: Lease Option Basics - Posted by Greg(ND)

Posted by Jim_NC on November 01, 1998 at 24:13:47:

Greg,

I have only been doing REI for a short time so I am not one that can give “expert” advice by any means, but I have had some success in finding lease/option canidates. I have had the most luck in calling FSBO ads in our local paper and driving around finding FSBO signs in yards. Just call the people and talk to them about their house. If they are motivated enough they will eventually start talking about why they need to sell their house. The best canidates I have found so far are people who are being transfered on a job and they need out from under their house pmt. Calling landlords is also a good way. You might call 20 ads and get flat out rejections but keep calling…Eventually you will hit on the right person.

I would recommend buying Joe Kaiser’s course from this sight. It is called “Ultimate Lease Option Strategy”. It is a very affordable course ($169) and it is excellent. He gives you some great ideas on how to find l/o prospects.

Good Luck!

Re: Lease Option Basics - Posted by Greg(ND)

Posted by Greg(ND) on October 31, 1998 at 21:12:02:

What is the best way to find potential lease option homeowners to approach?

Thank you.

expired listings - Posted by Jason-DTX

Posted by Jason-DTX on November 01, 1998 at 15:32:41:

You could find some good canidates from expired listings, if you can get a RE agent to pull them for you.
After the Realtor can’t sell it, they are usually open to more ideas.
This also works for reluctant FSBOs. I’ve had FSBOs not want to L/O so I tell them to list with a Realtor to try and sell their house. After the listing expires they call me back and think the L/O might be a good idea to try. Only do this if there is no other way to make a deal work. It works best on property with little or no equity.
Jason