RE Attorney - Posted by Trevor

Posted by Greg on August 19, 2003 at 15:53:36:

They don’t. The monthly is merely that. Anything past that is negotiable and, almost always, fee based. You negotiate on that with the actual firm that is the affiliate.
My experience was that the starting point of those negotiable fees for even the simple things was always higher than what could be easily be gotten by just picking up the yellow pages and dialing numbers.

Greg

RE Attorney - Posted by Trevor

Posted by Trevor on August 18, 2003 at 05:36:04:

Hi,

I am looking for a good re attorney in georgia. Your recommendation is appreciated. Thanks.

Trevor

Re: RE Attorney - Posted by Mark Williams

Posted by Mark Williams on August 18, 2003 at 07:05:29:

Trevor:

Take a look at

www.prepaidlegal.com/info/williams10

…a plan where you can access a TREMENDOUS amount of legal services for $26/month or less

Unlimited phone consultations re ANY personal or business question (something I use ALL the time, myself, in my investing)

Document and contract reviews

Letters/phone calls on your behalf…

Will preparation

Multiple motor vehicle legal services (representation for moving violations, and more.)

IRS audit legal services

…and other services which are not completely covered by the $26/monthly fee are at a significant discount (closings, for example…)

It’s a program that I think EVERY REI should have…I (and my children) use it ALL of the time…my investment partnership has a membership, too…give it a look, contact me if you have any questions.

Hope this helps?

Mark
MentorForWinners@aol.com

Re: RE Attorney-Prepaid? - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on August 18, 2003 at 07:33:29:

Trevor. Prepaid Legal systems work well for some people. However, understand that it is a franchise sold by many around the U.S. The seller get a cut. If the attorneys in your area that suscribe, will work with you, fine. Be sure they have several attorneys in your area that you can use. The price depends on who is doing the franchise. In our area you can get it for $14.95 per month if you look around. There are hundreds of R.E. attorneys in GA. You need to specify where you are to get specific recommendations, with or without Prepaid Legal.

Re: RE Attorney-Prepaid? - Posted by Mark Williams

Posted by Mark Williams on August 18, 2003 at 07:57:57:

Willie is correct in that PPL is only one of many possible resources (though the site I suggested presents the first, largest and has the widest national coverage that I know of)…and, yes, it IS a marketed product (though not a franchise)–it’s a serious product-one, in fact, that requires state licensing to market in many states…

As with ANY possible resource, you’ll want to due your due dilligence to check it out and see if it offers YOU an avenue for what you’re seeking and/or provides a good value in your particular circumstance. Good advice from Willie.

Yes, I would make a commission if you chose to sign up on the url that I listed, but I offered the info in response to Trevor’s post because it has been SO appropriate for ME and because I think it affords a tremendous additional resource (the free calls and contract reviews, most of all, in our business).

If you have concerns about my having used this as a chance solely to make money, try doing a google search under Prepaid Legal…you’ll be able to get to the same information via another marketer, thus eliminating any profit agenda associated to me.

But DO check out the resource!

Mark

Re: RE Attorney-Prepaid? - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on August 18, 2003 at 11:17:39:

I applaude your honesty and explanation the second time. PPL can be worthwhile, I have it myself, but I would not pay more that $14.95 a month for it.

Re: RE Attorney-Prepaid? - Posted by Greg

Posted by Greg on August 18, 2003 at 11:10:15:

I had PPL for a while… until I found out that the “discounts” for services not covered under the $26/mo. were actually far more expensive than quotes I was getting by just picking up the phone and taking a few mins. to make a few phone calls.

Re: RE Attorney-Prepaid? - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 18, 2003 at 17:10:08:

I think that for the average American family PPL is great. Most people have simple wills, a couple accident claims, and may be part of a lawsuit once in their lives.

If you do simple RE closings for cash deals, maybe this is all you’d need.

If the deals are more complicated, I know that I’d try to be represented by the most qualified legal expert that I could hire. Regardless of fees, they are always cheaper than litigating. Maybe I’m wrong, and though I wish it were true, but I just can’t believe that a large firm, which are the kind that PPL has on retainer, would assign a high-power lawyer to me for $25 a month.