Quitting my JOB...Thank you Lord & Creonline!! - Posted by JeneanNC

Posted by Mark-NC on December 04, 2000 at 11:35:55:

Jeanean,
Sounds like you are well on the road to success. Good luck to you!

Mark

Quitting my JOB…Thank you Lord & Creonline!! - Posted by JeneanNC

Posted by JeneanNC on December 04, 2000 at 09:54:12:

I know that fear is not from God, but I am walking away from a profession that I have been in now for the last 16 years. My last day at work is December 20, 2000.

About three years ago, I sat at my desk wanting an opportunity to create freedom of time, wealth, happiness and more importantly choices in my life. I asked for direction for these things and I was led to Real Estate. Immediately I signed up for a 4 week crash course to obtain my RE license.

I joined a small RE office part-time, keeping my day Job. After riding around buyers who couldn’t decide what house to buy, I said there’s got to be a better way.

Early one Saturday morning I was watching TV when Carlton Sheets came on an infomercial about his no money down program. Later I was talking to my brother about it and he told me that he had already ordered the program and it was sitting in his bookcase collecting dust. I begged him to let me borrow it. After studing the program I decided to buy my own program with the updated materials.

The next year, my husband and I purchased our first rental properties. During that year we purchased a total of 4 homes. We had very little cash flow.

I don’t remember how I found CREONLINE but thank God I did!! I remember studing all of the post and articles. There was one name that I notice kept appearing with alot of knowledge on financing real estate. I posted a note and he responded and offered his telephone number. So I called Ed Garcia.

We discussed my rentals and he told me to sale them. I needed the cash. This year I sold three of my rentals and netted $63,000 after expenses. One of those three was our first rehab property we purchased with $1000 from a motivated seller. We assumed the mortgate held by a private lender (individual). Later he took a discount on the note. We netted $38,000 from that one sale.

We attended the Creonline convention in Atlanta earlier this year and purchased more materials and met some great people.

As a result of the convention and materials we purchased, we realized that rehabbing was the road for us. We have since purchased three more REO and rehab properties. One sold netting $28,000 in May and the other two are under contract now. They should net $56,000 in the next 30 days.

We wanted to eliminate as much of our debt as possible, so we have paid off most of our expenditures ie cars, credit cards etc.

We still need to pay off a few more things before we will only have our mortgage and our rental mortgages, yes we still buy rental properites with a stronger cash flow.

We don’t have alot of money saved for this big step I’m taking but I feel the need to start next year full speed ahead in Real Estate Investing. Pray for our success as we feel some fear. But we know God is good and did not bring us this fare just to leave us now.

Again thank you Lord, Ed, and the Creonline Family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. God Bless!

You are giving me further confirmation! - Posted by Fox-IL

Posted by Fox-IL on December 05, 2000 at 10:56:45:

I am just starting out in the REI world. I want to leave my corporate world job forever. I have prayed on it and I am going for it. The only fear I will have is the fear of God. Your story is inspirational and confirmation that this is the way for me to go.

Keep walking in His Word and your blessings will continue.

Fox

You Go, Girl! Congrats! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on December 04, 2000 at 18:41:30:

Jenean,
I’m in a very similar situation, now having been self-unemployed for about three weeks. It’s exciting and scary at the same time.

If you expect 56k in the next 30 days, what’s causing the fear? I would think that would tide you over until the next rolls around?

Please email or call me if you want and we can support each other as we embark on the REI trail. My contact info can be found at quickoffers.com. Thanks…

Congratulations and good luck! - Posted by Jen-LA

Posted by Jen-LA on December 04, 2000 at 17:26:18:

Congratulations and good luck!

Go for it! - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by LeonNC on December 04, 2000 at 13:40:42:

Sounds like you’re on your way. I thought I’d send a little local support.

Best Wishes

LeonNC