Question about working with a dealer - Posted by Amy,MO

Posted by chris on November 18, 2000 at 08:06:05:

Treat these trade-ins as you would any other lonnie deal.Find out which park the trade-in is sitting in,then talk to that park manager.After the PM gives the O.K,then talk price(cash price)with the dealer who is taking the home on trade.Providing the trailer will be staying in it’s exact location.If it’s an older home the dealer will more than likely be willing to deal,because he/she dosen’t want to have to remove that home and drag it to his lot,so it can just sit there.

Question about working with a dealer - Posted by Amy,MO

Posted by Amy,MO on November 16, 2000 at 17:50:37:

Hi every one I love this fourm.

I am new to this and have done a lot of reading and leg work. I talked to MHPM and most are very open to what I whant to do.

I have a question about Dealers that sell new MH. Has anyone ever worked with them?

I talked to one they are new. Just been oped a month. I asked if they had any used homes and they told me no but geting ready to take some trades and that I could go look at one that was set up in a park when the couple was moved out. I said OK.

Well that go me thinking and I am going to be talking to the dealer about working out a deal out with him. I talked to the sales lady and she that it sounded good and would have him call me to night or tomarrow.

I though when he get’s trade in’s he would leave them were they are when ever possible and my brother and I would do repairs and clean, Advertise and check out buyers. And sell the home and split the proffit.

He would already have the tital in his name. And sometimes he may be able to find finacing for some home’s. He would not have to move the MH. And if he did we could find a park for it so he do’s not have to bring it back to his lot.

we only have to pay for fixing the home and advertising and then work out with him how we would both get paid.

Has anyone ever done this before?

What do’s every on thing?

Any thought’s would be good.

Thank you for you time Amy

What will you be able to sell it for? - Posted by Fred-Ohio

Posted by Fred-Ohio on November 18, 2000 at 09:00:29:

It does not matter where you get the MH so long as certain criteria are met.
1 Establish what you can sell the MH for and divide that number by 2 and then subtract your repair and holding cost. You now have your purchase price no matter whether you buy it from an individual or a dealer. 9 times out of 10 you will be able to find more of a DON’T WANTER ATTITUDE in an individual, but 1 out of 10 the dealer my be motivated.

2 Can the MH stay in the park?

3 Has the Park Mgr. given you the green light?

Good Luck,

Fred-Ohio