Question about postcards.... - Posted by Charity

Posted by John cissell on December 07, 2000 at 22:33:25:

No I haven’t used Avery. However you get what you pay for. If you have the format you want print a clean copy and toke it to Office MAX. You will be surprized how inexpensive it really is and the quality is much better.

John

Question about postcards… - Posted by Charity

Posted by Charity on December 07, 2000 at 21:30:59:

I bought postcard paper today to do a prelim mailout to see what response I get. However, I am a little concerned that the storebought postcard paper seems a little flimsy. Has anyone ever used the Avery postcards? I am curious if the post office will take them…

Charity

Re: Question about postcards… - Posted by Glenn Crocker (AL)

Posted by Glenn Crocker (AL) on December 09, 2000 at 02:32:02:

Charity, if it is Avery, it should say if it’s approved for post office use, probably is. If not, I can tell you the ones I just sent out were 65# I just cut an 8.5 x 11 in half. That gives you a Jumbo card, or you can cut it in 4 parts and use a 20 cent stamp. If you are going to do this on a regular basis, I would see if they could cut them after you purchase the stock, or buy you a good paper cutter board. If you only do a 100 at a time, not to time consuming, but if you start looking at a 1000, then have them cut at the store/printer.

Other choices if you have a little more money, try ModernPostCards.com or PaperDirect.com they offer some full color cards.

Hope this helps,
Glenn

Re: Question about postcards… - Posted by BillW.

Posted by BillW. on December 08, 2000 at 21:29:41:

I used to get mine at the post office. They are prestamped and cost little more than the cost of the stamp. I then had a printer put my message on them (very cheap). Then just send them out.
I found that this was my best use of time. All the other trips to Office Depot, printing on my own computer, etc. ate up too much time that I could be using in a more productive way.

Re: Question about postcards… - Posted by frank

Posted by frank on December 07, 2000 at 22:50:42:

At the Office Depot store I get 110 pound post card white stock 8 1/2 x 11 printed with my message for 9 cents each. The software on my computer (Print Shop)
Will setup four post cards to a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. and
thats CHEAP. I also use their free paper cutter. Good luck. Frank