Program to Track Expense's during Re-Hab - Posted by Dave King

Posted by Tim on November 19, 2002 at 07:13:59:

If you have enough time to enter data into someone else’s program, you have enough time to enter it into an excel spread sheet for free.

Program to Track Expense’s during Re-Hab - Posted by Dave King

Posted by Dave King on November 19, 2002 at 07:11:34:

Can anyone direct me to a computer program that will keep a running total of receipts for material’s along with utility’s,labor etc … It seems that I tend to let the overall expense’s pile because I’m so busy during the re-hab (actually doing alot of the physical work)that when I sit down to get a handle on it - I’m overwhelmed by the amount of time it takes to sort thru every detail of where the money went. If I had a program I think I would make a point to do data entry a little at a time,instead of putting it off until it must be done.

Thank’s for your Help. Dave

Re: Program to Track Expense’s during Re-Hab - Posted by Tim

Posted by Tim on November 20, 2002 at 07:49:01:

Dave,

I wasn’t being the smart a** you called me on that email…

YOU asked the question “Can anyone direct me to a computer program that will keep a running total of receipts for material’s along with utility’s,labor etc … It seems that I tend to let the overall expense’s pile because I’m so busy during the re-hab (actually doing alot of the physical work)that when I sit down to get a handle on it - I’m overwhelmed by the amount of time it takes to sort thru every detail of where the money went. If I had a program I think I would make a point to do data entry a little at a time,instead of putting it off until it must be done.”.

MS Excel is the answer to your question. Based upon your time constraints, to track the ONE job that you are working on at the time, it is the easiest solution. You want to keep a running total of receipts for your job. Excel is it.

I keep my expenses on each job on my Palm Pilot,and then transfer it to Excel. I have a category for the expense, a date field and a total (etc.etc). (I also include date/time.) At the end of the project, I subtotal the form, and now it is categorized and totaled by type of expense. All the other info that I collect is also there.

You do NOT need a $200 program to handle this. Why make it more difficult on yourself.

Re: Program to Track Expense’s during Re-Hab - Posted by Jeff J

Posted by Jeff J on November 19, 2002 at 18:13:21:

Dave
I agree with Zack. We own a remodeling co and us QBpro also for all our jobs and we will use it in our REI
Jeff J

Re: Program to Track Expense’s during Re-Hab - Posted by Zack W

Posted by Zack W on November 19, 2002 at 13:17:46:

Dave,

I use Quickbooks Pro exclusively.

Zack W

Re: Program to Track Expense’s during Re-Hab - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on November 19, 2002 at 10:45:46:

Dave,
Quicken (I have the “Small Business” version but you don’t really need that) will let you track and categorize all this stuff for 1 or multiple projects, as well as all the other expenses in your business. You can run P&L reports during and after to let you know if you are on target (costwise) or not.
All the best, Lyal