prime real estate - Posted by scott

Posted by Bill Jacobsen on September 14, 2007 at 09:10:26:

My experience is that FSBO’s don’t know the value of their property and usually list it higher than it is worth. It sits there for awhile and then they become more acceptable to using a realtor. If this property has a road with a lot of traffic he may be able to sell without a realtor.

The problem here is that this property is not easy to value. It would be easy for a developer to convince the owner that the property is worth less than it is. This is not the typical house and the owner is not experienced selling this type of property.

As an experience realtor you must know people who would want this type of property. Act as a buyer’s agent and bring them in. If they don’t buy it is always possible that you can get the listing.

Good Luck.

Bill

prime real estate - Posted by scott

Posted by scott on September 13, 2007 at 18:02:17:

I have a potential client that has a $500k home on a 7 1/2 acre lot in a very nice part of town that is completely built up. Some vacant land next to him has some similar homes being built on it. My potential client thinks his land is unique enough that if he just puts some for sale signs out showing the amount of land available, some developer will snap it right up. Any suggestions as to how I can get this listing? Thanks in advance for the help!