"Pre-Paid Legal" Are they good? - Posted by David

Posted by Brenda Z on December 24, 2004 at 13:25:54:

I have been a member of PPL for quite some time, although I live in a state where I do not have a provider law firm but through network of referral attorney’s and most of them are sole private attorney’s who work for themselves and I found that I received a 100% attention than from a huge law firm that have too many cases to really pay attention to unless the cases are serious.

Last year I had an incident regarding my tax filings, and my hard worked earned money the refund went to pay my husband’s child support in arrears and I was so upset with that why make the spouse pay for something that I was not reponsible to pay instead it should have gone to pay off my student loan that is currently in default so why does the child support arrears becomes a priority to pay from my tax refund when it was supposed to go to my federal defaulted student loan eh? doesnt make sense does it? Suffice to say after contacting PPL for referral, got one and the attorney gave me his advice and wrote letter on my behalf and as a result I’ve learned what I am not supposed to do and what I need to do from now on on my next tax filings. After the letter, two things got resolved, partial payment to the arrears and partial payment to student loan and everyone was happy so I am telling you yes PPL is GOOD! I didnt even have to pay the attorney anything other than my standard monthly plan. Big Smiles for me! Merry Christmas!

“Pre-Paid Legal” Are they good? - Posted by David

Posted by David on December 20, 2004 at 12:48:05:

Hello,

Has anyone every use the Pre-Paid Legal service to hand the legal aspects of there business. I’m creating my LLC and know that I’ll need a real estate attorney, account, and tax attorney to handle certain parts of the companies business.

Thanks

Re: “Pre-Paid Legal” Are they good? - Posted by whyK-CA

Posted by whyK-CA on December 21, 2004 at 13:01:35:

David,

I have had PPL for few years now. I called them for RE related question only once for a simple question. I used them for other issues too. The most of the time I forget about them. Once in a while I think about canceling the service, then some thing comes up that I need to chat with an attorney.

I’m keeping them for now, because they are good enough to answer my not-so-complicated questions, therefore saving me money and the cost is low enough that I can afford to forget about it for awhile. It is also convenient to have one number to call.

Hope this helps.

Re: “Pre-Paid Legal” Are they good? - Posted by Dick Chelten

Posted by Dick Chelten on December 20, 2004 at 20:19:55:

I used them for several non real estate related issues several years back. I received great service by an referral law firm in a specialty issue (trademark law) PPL firm didn’t handle.
Then, I tried discussing Subject2 matters, Land Trusts, and the like. Even sat with the main partner in the Detroit office. Clueless and terrible follow up. I cancelled my long time membership and realized you get what you pay for. I liken it to surgery. Would you want the best or the cheapest? You make the call. For myself, my legal services are extremely important to me, and I can’t afford less than the best.

Yes, they are! - Posted by Phyllis

Posted by Phyllis on December 20, 2004 at 20:05:35:

We’ve used our Prepaid Legal law firm many times for various issues (including real estate), and they have saved us a ton of money. I highly recommend the company.

Re: “Pre-Paid Legal” Are they good? - Posted by Chris (OH)

Posted by Chris (OH) on December 20, 2004 at 17:50:33:

I’ll tell you what. I bought PPL a couple of months ago and have not used it. However, I have an issue that I need resolved (a letter or phone call from an atty. should solve). I am going to call pre paid tomorrow and I will try to post the results here.

Re: “Pre-Paid Legal” Are they good? - Posted by Dave NY

Posted by Dave NY on December 20, 2004 at 15:34:23:

I used their services 3 yrs ago. It was extremely hard to get them to dedicate time to you.

Maybe they have changed policies by now.

Dave NY

Re: “Pre-Paid Legal” Are they good? - Posted by Stretch361-MI

Posted by Stretch361-MI on December 20, 2004 at 18:11:21:

Oddly enough, I’m in the same situation. I will need to call soon as well on an issue. As soon as I find out the results I’ll let you guys know…

Chris

Re: “Pre-Paid Legal” Are they good? - Posted by GeeLiz

Posted by GeeLiz on December 22, 2004 at 23:20:03:

I cannot agree with your statement. I have used them for about seven years now and each time I called they gave me allthe time and attention I needed for my matter

Liz

Re: “Pre-Paid Legal” Are they good? - Posted by Joann

Posted by Joann on December 20, 2004 at 17:28:00:

Prepaid Legal is an EXCELLENT service