Philosophical Thoughts - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 30, 2001 at 18:05:41:

Looks like the wife decided to whip you into shape since the last convention! Now lets keep it that way. I expect to see this at the next convention!

I’m sure the ladies wouldn’t mind a little entertainment inbetween the breaks from the speakers! While you’re on the stage entertaining I’ll be at the door collecting the coverage charge to get in. LOL

Philosophical Thoughts - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 29, 2001 at 16:58:50:

I got this in an e-mail and thought I’d share with the group here.

I would especially like to dedicate this to our good friend, Phil Fernandez. :0)

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks, rocks about 2" in diameter. He then asked the students if the jar was full? They agreed that it was.

So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the open areas between the rocks. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

Then the professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.
“Now,” said the professor, "I want you to recognize that this is your life.
“The rocks are the important things-your family, your spouse, your health, your children-things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.”

“The pebbles are the other things that matter, like your job, your house, your car. The sand is everything else. The small stuff. If you put the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks.”

“The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you.”

“Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play With your children. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal. Take care of the rocks first-the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.”

But then…
A young man student stood up and asked the class if they were sure that the jar was truly full. All the students and the professor agreed that it was indeed full. When they had all agreed, he reached into his backpack and pulled out a can of beer. Popping it open, he poured the contents into the already “full” jar. Of course the beer filled the remaining spaces within the jar making the jar truly full.

Which proves that no matter how full your life is, there is always room for a beer.

Norm Peterson

Re: Philosophical Thoughts - Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL)

Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL) on June 29, 2001 at 18:45:11:

…or two or three…or ten =)

WARNING TO NEW INVESTORS AND VETS: Be VERY careful when sitting down with Johnboy for a beer. We hooked up a few days ago about 5:00 PM, and he was to be back by 7:00 PM. Last I recall it was 11:30 PM when we finally departed =)

I still dont know where the time went the other day!

Re: Philosophical Thoughts - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on June 29, 2001 at 17:31:40:

Hi JB,

Interesting timing there. Tomorrow I have a tenant moving out of one of my houses. The new tenant is moving in tomorrow. Just got a frantic call from the move out tenant saying that when they went to pick up their reserved U Haul truck, there was no truck. What are we going to do. I said " I dunno ".

Then I remembered that another tenant of another one of my houses is moving out tomorrow a month ahead of their lease ending and have already paid for July’s rent. Walk through with move out tenant #2 is tomorrow.

So I told moveout tenant #1 to move all of their stuff out of house #1 into the garage of house #2 so we can have house #1 vacant for the new tenants.

By the way I do have house #2 rented to new tenants as of Aug 1st with their security deposit and Aug. rent in hand.

So moveout tenant #1 was trying to make their problem, my problem. Problem solved I’m getting into my pontoon boat, putting on some "Moody Blues " and boating over to the store to get a six pack of beer to enjoy the sunset with.

Thanks JohnBoy for the great idea of getting and enjoying a couple of cool ones. Really didn’t enter my mind until I read your post. LOL.

Re: Philosophical Thoughts - Posted by Mark (WV)

Posted by Mark (WV) on June 29, 2001 at 17:26:29:

Johnboy That reminds me of my brother ,but he repeats the last line about 36 times a day. thanks that was a good one

Re: Philosophical Thoughts - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 30, 2001 at 03:43:28:

Yeah,

I still don’t know where all that time went! Last I remembered it was around 7pm and then what seemed like a half hour or so, 3 more hours flew by!!! I first thought your watch had to of went on the blink. LOL But, nope! It was after 11:30pm alright!

Just wait until you go to creonline’s convention! 3-4 whole days and nights with no sleep and all drinking! Plan on less that 5 hours sleep the entire weekend! LOL

Especially after David A. makes a special beer run after the bar in the hotel closes! LOL

Of course you’ll have to drink fast or Piper will guzzle it all!!! LOL

Party Animals… - Posted by JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on June 30, 2001 at 10:17:40:

You guys sound like a bunch of P.A. My 51 Y.O. body can’t take that kind of howling, the way it used to. I may need to reconsider my interest in the next convention, and stay home on the porch, cause I can’t run with you “Big Dogs” anymore.

JT - IN

Re: Philosophical Thoughts - Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL)

Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL) on June 30, 2001 at 09:38:50:

3-4 days with 5 hours sleep, beer guzzling, beer runs…hmmmmm.

I like this group more and more each day =)

Re: Party Animals… - Posted by JohnBoy

Posted by JohnBoy on June 30, 2001 at 11:27:41:

What??? 51 Y.O. body? Pffffttt! I bet you just made Piper Piper feel reeeeeeeeeal good. LOL

JT, you WILL have a great time if you go. Don’t even think about not going.

Re: Party Animals… - Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL)

Posted by Mike Schmidt (IL) on June 30, 2001 at 10:39:46:

Just remember, even the Big Dogs return to the porch every now and then to catch their breath =)

Re: Party Animals… - Posted by JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on June 30, 2001 at 12:07:26:

Speaking of which, when/where is the next convention? I should know months in advance, so that I can start getting my rest ! LOL

Also, how old is JPiper, that I am making him feel reeeeeel good?

JT - IN

Re: Party Animals… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on July 04, 2001 at 18:19:10:

JT,

You’ve only got me by a couple of years. Treat yourself and go to the next convention. You’ll have a blast. I’ve been to the last 3.

Re: Party Animals… - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on June 30, 2001 at 17:45:32:

JT:

These guys don?t really understand that at a certain point you really cease to be concerned over your age. I?m 56, long past that point.

Plus, I think there?s a little jealousy. Go here to see one of my latest pictures:
http://www.malemodelgroup.com/

JPiper

Posted by JohnBoy on June 30, 2001 at 13:35:11:

The convention is usually the end of March. Plenty of time to rest up.

As far as how old Piper is? Who knows, we lost count decades ago! But we do know he’s much older that JP Vaughn, and she just turned 39. Again! LOL

Posted by JT - IN on July 04, 2001 at 21:40:55:

Phil:

Definitely planning on going. I just found this site about 3 or 4 monts ago, and can’t believe what I have been missing out on! I’ll definitely be there; the fat guy with the “greying beard”. I’m sure no one else fits that description, in this group, heh…

Look forward to meeting up with you then, if not before.

Haven’t I read about you doing some sailing. We are getting ready for a vacation, which will include some sailing, in St. Barts, FWI. Where are you located?

JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on July 01, 2001 at 24:21:38:

Jim:

You don’t look a day over 55, in that picture! LOL
Better start working out; I mean drinking more Beer, cause your gonna make me look reeeeel bad. Eat some twinkies too.

As far as the concern over age, I do know what you mean; irrelevant, mostly. Only as old as you feel, huh. Ouch; more aging pains!

JT - IN

Posted by JohnBoy on June 30, 2001 at 18:08:13:

BTW, why are you wearing a towel on your head? What happened to your hat??? LOL