Payment for pulling comps ? - Posted by Heather-Tx

Posted by Heather -Tx on May 21, 2003 at 23:36:56:

I’m in Houston… any idea for a company here that does that? That won’t cost me my first born! LOL Everyting I Have found so far is so rediculously expensive it’s not even worth looking into unless I’m doing at least 2 deals a month. And I’m by far NOT there yet ! :slight_smile:

Heather-Tx

Payment for pulling comps ? - Posted by Heather-Tx

Posted by Heather-Tx on May 21, 2003 at 22:18:18:

I was wondering for all you realtors out there… how long does it actually take you to pull comps ? ( I assume VERY little time,maybe I am wrong ?)
ANd what would you consider it worth timewise if an investor offered to pay you per month… or per comp pulled ? I have had a VERY hard time finding realtors here that have a clue about what I am looking for, and are NOT Looking for the same things themselves. Would you even consider pulling comps for a fee per comp or per month up to so many comps ? Thanks in Advance.

Heather-Tx

Re: Payment for pulling comps ? - Posted by Al

Posted by Al on May 23, 2003 at 13:11:41:

I know this sounds egotistical but oh well.
I know my area better than any realtor or appraiser
or bank or whatever. I know everything about whats on the market and whats sold in the last year and where
were at in the economic cycle and whether prices are extended and toppy or not and whether we are in another bubble or not. I tend to create comps rather than follow them in the conventional sense and for that reason I usually have the title company not record the price I sell at bec- ause I dont want the info readily picked up by real-
tors or other investors.
Remember you have to be the Guru - the supreme expert.
And awareness is King - finding the deals. Not Knowled-
ge of how to create some kind of convoluted deal using
unruly forms and strange terms and hope to get some
poor seller to go for it.
Hey, that sounds so good I could almost be a legend
in my own mind.
Excuse all the hot air. Good Luck.

Re: Payment for pulling comps ? - Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA)

Posted by Tim Fierro (Tacoma, WA) on May 22, 2003 at 06:23:31:

I do what I call a ‘Simple CMA’ for folks around here. Just give me some basic information and I will pull a list of comps. However, it is a very basic price line. I do it for free since while I am talking with the person, I can be pulling up the data. Takes only a few minutes.

But if I was working for a client and was trying to really nail down a price, it might take me an hour to pull all that data and review it. Depending on how varied the market is, I will go out to the area to look at a few that I may not have seen yet. The review is what takes a while since you want to know a few more aspects than a simple 3 bed, 1 bath, in the southeast area of the city. But that ‘Simple CMA’ is good as a rough guess to see if a deal can make sense.

Right now I am pulling comps for a listing next week and I have to help set a price for 1 house with 4 different tax lots with the goal of selling the whole thing as a block purchase. I have to also know what retail might bring in for each lot individually. This CMA will take longer than just a 5 minute phone call to give some workable numbers. But with the detailed CMA, I get paid. :slight_smile:

try this… - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on May 22, 2003 at 01:58:24:

Heather,

Try this web site. It might work for you. Let me know. By the way, it’s FREE!

http://list.realestate.yahoo.com/re/homevalues/

Kristy-AZ

Re: Payment for pulling comps ? - Posted by Kristy-AZ

Posted by Kristy-AZ on May 22, 2003 at 01:21:42:

Heather,

No, it doesn’t take long to pull comps, unless there aren’t many sales in the area.

If you lived here I would pull them for you. Agents must be crazy if you are offering to pay them and they aren’t doing it. I know I would love to be paid for pulling comps.

Keep checking around. And good luck.

Kristy-Az

Re: Payment for pulling comps ? - Posted by Heather -Tx

Posted by Heather -Tx on May 21, 2003 at 23:42:30:

And by the way… A thank you to those Realtors that HAVE sent me free comps… It’s MUCH appriciated. I don’t mind asking on occasion for a free comp, but I know YOUR Time is valuable, just like mine is… and I don’t want anyone feeling used if I ask a couple times a week ! LOL Which with the calls I have been getting these last few weeks I would have to. What would be reasonable ? And affordable for a new investor.

Thanks~

Re: Payment for pulling comps ? - Posted by Tim T Dallas Tx.

Posted by Tim T Dallas Tx. on May 21, 2003 at 23:32:53:

Heather what part of Texas are you in? I am in Dallas. There is a local company that will let you have unlimited access to the mls. You pay a monthly subscription fee. It is not cheap but it is great to have. You can do comps. you can check market rents, expired listings ect. UNLIMITED! It realy speeds things up. If its not aginst the rules for this board just email me for the details if you are in dallas.

Good Question - Posted by LMD/TX

Posted by LMD/TX on May 21, 2003 at 22:47:41:

I’m interested in the feedback for this and was also wondering if it is ethical to do the same for expired MLS. I sure can’t get hold of that myself. Or, if I can, I don’t know how.

Re: Payment for pulling comps ? - Posted by Heather -Tx

Posted by Heather -Tx on May 23, 2003 at 14:57:46:

I know my comps very well in my normal target areas. The areas Im most intersted in buying I have down pat. My ads however cover several smaller cities around mine also, and there is no way I can know the comps in all of them. Or even in all of Houston, on of the largest cities in the US.
I have several ways I do use to get estimates, but being in a non disclosure state makes things alot more difficult, especially if there are no homes on the MSL around the home I’m looking into buying. Speed of getting the homework done alot of times makes or breaks a deal, as we all know… so being able to call up someone on a deal that sounds really good, but Not in my normal target area is really what I was wondering about. Thanks for your input though :slight_smile:

Heather-Tx