Out Of State Owners - Posted by Cathy

Posted by Carmen_FL on August 20, 2002 at 10:35:31:

If you are not technically inclined, a title company or other real estate information service or list provider would be able to get these for you.

If you are technically inclined, the easiest way is to do it yourself.

In my county (and many others), the Tax Assessor’s Office will give you tax roll information on CD ROM. The cost has been, for me, between $50 and $120 for each county. You have to make sure that they give you the tax ID number, the address of the property, AND the address of the owner. I ask for the information in ASCII or comma delimited format. I won’t go into detail here, but it’s not too difficult to “find” all the out-of-state owners when you have that information in a database, and create print-merges or labels.

I also look for people who get their tax bills sent to a different address … these are usually landlords who live in the area.

Out Of State Owners - Posted by Cathy

Posted by Cathy on August 20, 2002 at 07:54:12:

How Should one go about finding Out of state Owners?


OOPS! Look at answer under Larry (nt) - Posted by Carmen_FL

Posted by Carmen_FL on August 20, 2002 at 10:36:46:


Re: Out Of State Owners - Posted by Larry S.

Posted by Larry S. on August 20, 2002 at 08:33:55:

Cathy, I haven’t yet pursued this, but I’ve been told by a successful, experienced investor that a title company will normally provide this information for your area if you ask them to. This particular investor is extremely successful, so I believe he knows his stuff. Much success. LS