Out of print book - where to find online - Posted by Jill in NJ

Posted by Jill on November 14, 1998 at 07:21:42:

I am looking for a Xmas gift for my mother in law. It is an out of print book about collectible souvenir spoons. Thanks to everyone for your help, none of the sites had it, but I’ve got my requests in. (I think I’ll write a letter to Santa too!) Jill

Out of print book - where to find online - Posted by Jill in NJ

Posted by Jill in NJ on November 13, 1998 at 08:19:06:

I can’t seem to find the post directing me to a site where out of print books (of all types) were available. Could someone please let me know? I’ve tried the well known (amazon) but don’t know if that is the best place (they didn’t have it)

Thanks!
Jill

Re: Out of print book - where to find online - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on November 13, 1998 at 20:44:24:

Hi,

I collect rare and out of print books as a hobby. I use “Interloc” (they’ve changed their name recently, but you can do a search for the old name - “interloc” and find them). Their site combines all rare and out of print book dealers and rare book sites in the world (including bibliocities, abe, etc.). You can look up any book by author, title, publisher, or date and find it in seconds.

What are you looking for by the way (just nosey)?

Good luck.

Bill

Re: Out of print book - where to find online - Posted by Bob - CO

Posted by Bob - CO on November 13, 1998 at 14:12:22:

Even if its out of print Amazon can often find it for you. It may take a week or two. They have a network of used book stores thay can check with.

Bob

Re: Out of print book - where to find online - Posted by Scott Ryan

Posted by Scott Ryan on November 13, 1998 at 11:22:56:

Hi,

Try - www.bibliofind.com

Good Luck,

Scott

Re: Out of print book - where to find online - Posted by MichaelR (NoVA)

Posted by MichaelR (NoVA) on November 13, 1998 at 08:42:43:

Try Powell’s first:

http://www.powells.com/

and if they don’t have it, try:

http://www.abebooks.com/ (Have everything it seems, but arranging shipping and payment is often tricky. This site lists private owners and used bookstores with the book you want for sale.)

Enjoy!

Michael