Options... How do you show the house!? - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by TC on July 03, 2002 at 24:30:47:

Matt,
Try this…if possible,
-TBV (to be verified) {until U find someone}
-ask seller t/choose multiple choice when THEY can GO! a)30dys b)60dys c)90dys…show the house in the meanwhile.

Options… How do you show the house!? - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on July 01, 2002 at 15:25:44:

Say I get a seller to agree to an option. Or i just use a purchase contract and find a new buyer to assign it to…

when im trying to find buyers, HOW DO I SHOW THE THEM THE HOUSE?

If i show them the house while the owner is still there, they could discuss the price and i would be screwed over. if i can only do options on VACANT houses, then I’ll be lucky to find one deal a year.

surely people have found a way to show a house with the owner still there.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Re: Options… If you want to avoidl - Posted by Dave

Posted by Dave on July 02, 2002 at 20:48:39:

getting screwed over you need a way to get your home sold quickly. Try NoDiscount.com.

Re: Options… How do you show the house!? - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on July 01, 2002 at 16:25:48:

Matt,

I let the owners know what I’m doing (on need to know basis). One of my ‘buyer’s condition’ is the right to show the house for partner’s inspection and/or prospect tenants (prior 24hr notice) and they readily agree.Those I L/O to are ‘tenants’ and Flip to are ‘partners’. Since I have a signed contract, no one usually pulls a fast one behind me especially when I introduce them as partner or tenant.

Hope this helps?

Re: Options… How do you show the house!? - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on July 01, 2002 at 16:43:53:

say a “partner” shows up at the house, but they are a family of four. how can you introduce them to the owner as your “partner”? wont the potential buyer simply say, “wait a minute… im not your partner! whats going on?”

also you said, “Since I have a signed contract, no one USUALLY pulls a fast one behind me…” Has anyone ever pulled a fast one on you? how did you handle it?

sorry for all the questions, but im just trying to suck all the info i can out of all you experienced investors. =)

Re: Options… How do you show the house!? - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on July 01, 2002 at 17:29:47:

In regards to your example:
-Hasn’t the buyer “partner’d” with you to know of this deal? (it’s just a word terminology, and makes good business lingo)
-no one has pulled a fast one however buyer did question me, I comforted the buyer by helping them realize with my small assignment fee, they were purchasing at a bargain with lots of equity, sellers didn’t care they were in distress,and that did it!:slight_smile:

Re: Options… How do you show the house!? - Posted by Matt KY

Posted by Matt KY on July 02, 2002 at 18:42:40:

if im sitting at the seller’s house writing up an agreement, what do i put in the blank…

“This lease option agreement goes into effect on _________”

I know if it was a vacant house, it would be the next day. But if a house is occupied, how does the seller know when it will be vacant? will i have to have a definite date set to do the deal?

i just dont want to start having to pay payments and the sellers are still in the house.

thanks so much for the responses!