Open Me!! - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Eric C on September 16, 1999 at 23:36:35:

Hi John -

Thanks for the reply. I have a copy of that newspaper ad you mention along with some of his old newsletters dated about 1989 through 1990 or so.

I’ve always enjoyed marketing so I read everything I can get my hands on; Gary Halbert was as good as they come.

Good luck with your ads. I hope to be able to attend one of your seminars(classes) one day. I don’t buy much paper anymore, but I think when the market turns around (south) and the banks tighten up a little, there will be plenty of paper on the market.

Take care.

Eric C

Open Me!! - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on September 16, 1999 at 15:32:08:

A while back we were discussing marketing mailings and how to get them opened.

How many of you here got the latest Ron Legrand mailing? I thought it was fantastic. Plain #10 envelope, hand addressed, return address and postage hand-stamped. You could tell without opening it that the contents looked like hand-written yellow legal pad. The kicker was that it included a cassette, and the envleope was closed with 2 pieces of Scotch Tape!!

Regardless of what he was trying to sell, there’s no way I could avoid opening that. Aparently Ron’s been getting his money’s worth listening to Dan Kennedy tapes.

BG

Re: Open Me!! - Posted by chris (FL)

Posted by chris (FL) on September 19, 1999 at 22:38:39:

It might have faded by now , but the letter had a faint smell of perfume. … Hey , didn’t Ron’s pendmanship look like that of a 16 year old girls’ or what?

Re: Open Me!! - Posted by Andrew Graham

Posted by Andrew Graham on September 16, 1999 at 21:38:47:

I have many of Dan Kennedy’s courses and he has helped me immensely. I would recommend him to anyone. I don’t think people realize the importance of marketing in business, or in real estate investing, and no one is more effective than Dan Kennedy and Jay Abraham.

Re: Open Me!! - Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX

Posted by Alex Gurevich, TX on September 16, 1999 at 21:17:50:

The real answer on how great the mailing was is whether you bought the seminars.

So, how great was it ?

Re: Open Me!! - Posted by Al R

Posted by Al R on September 16, 1999 at 16:15:44:

I thought the tape was great.First time I heard about Dan Kennedy,has alot of great Ideas.So I bought a couple of his books ,just as informative.

Don’t forget Gary Halbert - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on September 16, 1999 at 22:32:52:

Actually the approach described above is a version of one of Gary Halbert’s innovations about a dozen years ago. His materials are very creative and useful.

Re: Don’t forget Gary Halbert - Posted by Eric C

Posted by Eric C on September 16, 1999 at 23:05:42:

Hi John -

Boy, I’ve haven’t heard that name in quite awhile. Gary has to be one of the most creative guys in the marketing game. I have heard much from him since he went down to Florida (to retire?) - is he still active?

Thanks,

Eric C

Re: Don’t forget Gary Halbert - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on September 16, 1999 at 23:27:44:

I haven’t heard a thing about him for several years. That doesn’t mean he’s not still at it, just haven’t had anything currently. His influence has shaped my thinking about advertising as much as anything. Kind of glad it surfaced. Just stirred some creative ads I’ve wanted to use to get paper. Will place them tomorrow.

If there is a different way to look at it and a way to challenge conventional thinking profitably, Gary will do it.

I loved the full page ad he used to find someone to share his life with. He’s a master at the first person Joe Carbo type ads as well as the short teaser ones.

John, Eric…Now that… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on September 17, 1999 at 01:46:22:

You’ve teased us us what books should I be reading by this guy(Gary Halbert). Isn’t Joe Carbo, the Lazy Man’s Way to Riches guy(mailorder)?

David Alexander

For individuals who adore fragrance and wish to discover new aromas, Perfume Sample is an excellent internet resource. Whether you prefer a woody, floral, or spicy scent, Acqua di gio has something for everyone. Our website makes it simple to test out new scents without committing to a full-sized bottle by providing a large selection of perfume samples from some of the best fragrance brands in the world. Perfume Sample com provides something for everyone, regardless of whether you are an avid perfume wearer or are only beginning to explore the world of fragrance. They provide a variety of sample sizes at reasonable costs that won’t break the budget, ranging from little vials to big bottles. Also, it is simple to search for perfumes on their user-friendly website by brand, aroma family, or even note, such as citrus or floral.