One for the experts:30 year mortgage rate forcasts - Posted by Chris G.

Posted by mike on December 15, 1999 at 16:20:33:

Look up “The Beige Book” on the net.That might help some.

One for the experts:30 year mortgage rate forcasts - Posted by Chris G.

Posted by Chris G. on December 15, 1999 at 09:02:26:

I was wondering what you guys think think will happen to the intrest rates between now and March 2000? My wife and I will be closing on a house around Feb. or March and we have a chance to lock our rates now or float it until closing. I’m leaning toward locking it now but I’d like some advice before I do.

Thanks,

Chris
Columbus, Ohio

Re: One for the experts:30 year mortgage rate forcasts - Posted by ali

Posted by ali on December 18, 1999 at 22:34:19:

chris i m mortgage broker,i would suggest first you chk with ur mortgage broker how much is going to cost you to get extanded lock.if nothing then lock it if rate goes up u r safe.if rate goes down before closing ask ur mortgage broker to change the lender.

Re: One for the experts:30 year mortgage rate forcasts - Posted by Irwin

Posted by Irwin on December 16, 1999 at 07:46:31:

I’m a leading expert on future interest rates. How I got there is that I tell 5,000 people that interest rates will be going up. I also tell another 5,000 people that they’ll be going down. And 5,000 people that they’ll be flat. No matter what happens, 5,000 people think I’m a genius and I get interviewed on Good Morning America.

I am very confident that rates will… - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on December 15, 1999 at 16:32:37:

flutuate.

Re: One for the experts:30 year mortgage rate forcasts - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on December 15, 1999 at 10:59:58:

My advice to anyone would be to “lock in” now. If you want to shoot craps, go to Vegas. No one “knows” the future direction of interest rates with certainty. If you lock in now, and the rate goes up you’ll be glad you did. If the rate goes down sufficiently, you can refinance. There is no reason to gamble with you home mortgage.

JPiper

Re: I am very confident that rates will… - Posted by JD

Posted by JD on December 15, 1999 at 16:35:20:

sorry I am sick today, fluctuate

Re: One for the experts:30 year mortgage rate forcasts - Posted by Chris G

Posted by Chris G on December 16, 1999 at 08:46:43:

Thanks for the advice!