Ohio Mobile home dealer criteria - Posted by Tim (OH)
Posted by Tim (OH) on December 29, 1998 at 11:35:34:
There are alway a lot of posts regarding the requirements for used mobile home dealer requirements. Although I would like to be able to post regarding the whole country, the best I can do is tell Ohio investors what the requirements are for this state. These requirements are the same as a used automobile dealers license and only apply after you have sold (5) mobile homes in any given 12 month period.
- 3,500 hard surface display area
- 180 square foot office, seperate from any other business or residence.
- Dedicated phone, desk, 3 chairs, filing cabinet, all kept in good order.
- Permanent sign with letters at least 6" in size indicating name and business hours.
- Must be attended during business hours.
- Civilian ID submitted with application.
- Net worth of business of at least $10,000.00
- Photos of office, display area and sign to be submitted with application.
- $73.00 dealers fee (includes ONE dealer plate).
You can call the Ohio DMV in Columbus @ 614-752-7634 and listen to the recordings.
Hope this helps, but remember the market STINKS in MY AREA!