Oh the beauty of spinoff $$$$$$$ - Posted by Bruce

Posted by Tony Colella on September 30, 2006 at 23:47:36:

Sprayer.

Tony

Oh the beauty of spinoff $$$$$$$ - Posted by Bruce

Posted by Bruce on September 29, 2006 at 08:29:21:

Went to look at a repo today a really nice 03 DW. Spoke to the rep and he told me how much he “needed” for the home. We have a long standing relationship so we both knew there was not going to be a deal struck on this home. At the end of the conversation he tells me he needs someone to go in and paint the whole home. 3 BR LR and Dining room were the rooms he intended to be painted, the rest was printed paneling and did not need done. Just for sh*ts and giggles I ask “How much does that pay?” I would go 1500.00 he replies. I guarantee I can do this in 2 days. I figure 250 for paint 16 hrs labor at 156.25 per hour. My yield…we all know the answer. Hey Tony Colella did you spring for the Wagner Paint sprayer yet? Increases your yield as you can see.

Wagner Power Painter (paint crew) - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on September 29, 2006 at 10:59:33:

I did buy the wagner power painter and found that it is fantastic at painting. I had to get over my own operator erro which mainly involved the very stiff hose the unit comes with.

Lesson learned. Be sure to start painting as far away from the unit and work towards it, keeping the hose coil away from new paint, otherwise it rubs the paint and you cannot make it look decent again.

I also suggest you use latex paint for ease of cleanup. The clean up and prep can be somewhat time consuming but you will paint large areas very quickly and in better quality than I have ever done with a roller or brush.

I would reserve this unit for doing large areas or whole homes and have not used it for small areas (due to prep time and cleanup.

Tony

Re: Wagner Power Painter (paint crew) - Posted by Marty (MO)

Posted by Marty (MO) on September 30, 2006 at 21:24:23:

Hiya Tony-

is this the sprayer or the roller?

Marty