Oh no, another brokering w/o license post?... - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on August 22, 2002 at 06:35:59:

nt

Oh no, another brokering w/o license post?.. - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on August 21, 2002 at 20:33:18:

Just thinking aloud.I acquire several properties a year through tax foreclosure. A week or so so before I am scheduled to get Final Judgment, I begin marketing the properties on the internet and to investor friends who have purchased from me in the past. Many times I have pre-sold the property before I have even gained title to it. Obviously the sale is contingent on my being able to convey marketable title. This struck me as analogous to the same scenarios we have been discussing ad nauseum. Seems ludicrous to me that this would ever be classified as brokering without a license but really how is it different from what Bud and Bennie Brown did?

Top Flight Attorney. - Posted by $Cash$ (NV)

Posted by $Cash$ (NV) on August 21, 2002 at 21:12:28:

Ben,

You are a Top Flight Attorney. Bud and Bennie aren’t.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

If I ever do some CREI up your way in NJ, you would be the first one on my team. Believe it.

$Cash$

Re: You are right - Posted by Ed Copp

Posted by Ed Copp on August 21, 2002 at 20:53:06:

the subject is about worn out.

Sounds to me like you have the right to buy, or are obligated to buy and you are selling the position that you own. FSBO if you like.

Brokering is “for another, and for a fee”. Does not sound like what you are doing, to me.

Cash, thanks for the kind words… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on August 21, 2002 at 21:52:23:

but sometimes being an attorney backfires. I can just hear the judge now, "Mr Ben(NJ) as an attorney you must be held to a higher standard than
Bennie Brown or Bud (NM) therefore I am throwing the book at you! LOL.

Re: Cash, thanks for the kind words… - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on August 22, 2002 at 04:11:28:

You’re right as rain on the “higher accountability”.

This thought has stopped me in my tracks many times, and made me insert disclosure and waiver language, ad nauseum, in any and all deals I do…because I’ve experienced effective and mean cross examination from lawyer’s seat, and I don’t EVER want to be in the witness’ box on cross!

Any lawyer (or other) with our perceived knowledge, is all too fair game for lawsuits from every direction.

Can just imagine those ugly lawyer’s questions that’d make any witness want to curl up and disappear: With all your vaunted knowledge, didn’t you KNOW this, that and etc.,etc.,?

J.A.I.L. - Posted by $Cash$ (NV)

Posted by $Cash$ (NV) on August 21, 2002 at 22:18:16:

Ben,

As someone told me “J.A.I.L. is an acronym for Judicial Accountability Initiative Law”

Is there a higher standard than this one. Would this work on the judge?

$Cash$

Re: Cash, thanks for the kind words… - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on August 22, 2002 at 07:29:03:

Ain’t that the truth!

Hyre