Nuts and Bolts of Land Trusts - Posted by Reif

Posted by David Alexander on December 25, 1998 at 21:51:49:

Create the Trust Agreement, You can then use a Warranty Deed to transfer title into the trust. Record the Deed. Never record the trust. That would defeat the purpose.

David Alexander

Nuts and Bolts of Land Trusts - Posted by Reif

Posted by Reif on December 25, 1998 at 17:34:49:

OK, I believe in the idea of land trusts.

I’ve looked through the archives of this site and frankly still can not figure out how one transfers property from his name to his trust’s name.

Is a lawyer required?

I don’t mind getting one if I have to, it’s just I haven’t found an explanation on how exactly to create a land trust.

After the trust is created, I imagine the deed must be recorded in the trust’s name?

Thanks,

Reif

Re: Nuts and Bolts of Land Trusts - Posted by johnman

Posted by johnman on December 26, 1998 at 07:49:39:

Reif,

Buy Mr. Brochick’s course. It’s great! I have it.

newbie,
johnman

Re: Nuts and Bolts of Land Trusts - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on December 25, 1998 at 21:49:12:

Reif,

> I’ve looked through the archives of this site and
> frankly still can not figure out how one transfers
> property from his name to his trust’s name.

Buy the Bronchick course, “Get That Property out of Your name”. It has a very good trust agreement included. Choose a trustee and fill out the agreement. Have the agreement notarized when you both sign it.

Record the deed to the property in the name of the trust (The 1234 Main Street trust, Joe Blow as trustee).

The property is now owned by the trust. DO NOT RECORD THE TRUST AGREEMENT. This is a “private” agreement, and to record it defeats the purpose of the trust (usually privacy).

> Is a lawyer required?

No, not if you know what you are doing.

> After the trust is created, I imagine the deed must
> be recorded in the trust’s name?

Right!

Get the course. It explains all the details.

Brad

Re: Nuts and Bolts of Land Trusts - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 25, 1998 at 20:18:59:

First a trust agreement must be created. Then you deed the property from you to the trustee of the trust.