noticed. - Posted by David(las)

Posted by David(las) on July 09, 2001 at 10:38:24:

Works for me. :slight_smile: I just wanted to clear that up for me and maybe others that might have had the same question. :wink:

Thanks again!

noticed. - Posted by David(las)

Posted by David(las) on July 09, 2001 at 02:47:38:

Just to clairify what we are. We are Agents correct?
so when an ad said “no agents” I shouldn’t waste my time, correct?

David(LAS)

Re: What the ad really says is - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on July 09, 2001 at 10:20:36:

" I DO NOT WANT TO LIST"

The concept of disclosure does make it necessary to disclose this fact at some time prior to entering into a contract with the seller. If it is not my intent to list, and I do intend to purchase I would disclose this on the written purchase offer. When presenting this offer I would say “by the way I do have a real estate license, but I do not want to put your house on some list somewhere”. O.K.? Then point to the reference on the offer where I signed it and noted that I had a license.

Another option would be to have my spouse set up the appointment. She deos not have a license.

Now when all is said and done, they will probably list the property with an agent regardless of what they said in the ad, rather than to come “down to earth” on the price. Overpricing is the number one reason that houses do not sell when they are listed the first time.

The “no agents” term in the ad is really a cry for help, at least somewhat. It says I am more motivated now than I was before and I need someone to blame for this house not selling when it was listed before (the previous agent will do, just fine).

Incorrect … - Posted by JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on July 09, 2001 at 07:18:52:

You are not an agent, but an investor. Most of the time, when you read “no agents” in an ad, it could be that they are NOT motivated, and are going to try to save the commission on the sale, or it could mean that this person has had a bad experience with “an agent” and have sworn them off. They may not have time to get tied up in a perceived, lengthy listing contract, or have already been there, done that, and need a faster sale. Best to keep your mind open, without coming to an assumption/conclusion such as you have, or you may miss something right under your nose, like a motivated seller.

Talk to all of them, as you are not an agent, but an investor, and tell them that right up front. I presume they are interested in selling their property, or they wouldn’t be advertising it for sale, and you are looking to buy property; what a coincidence. Let them tell you, that they are not interested in selling on your terms, and then call the next one… However, there are ways of getting them to call you, and you should be investigating these techniques, if you haven’t already, in the How to Articles, and Success Stories, as well as the Archives. Good luck.

JT - IN