"No deal" - What do I say to sellers? - Posted by andres

Posted by Baron on July 02, 2001 at 09:39:48:

If you worry about their feelings more than your own, you’ll never make it in this game. It’your money. It’s the sellers responsibility to try to seperate you from it.

Be trueful, but just tell them no and what you will do.

You put the ball in their court and let them tell you no. It’s just business. It should never be personal.

“No deal” - What do I say to sellers? - Posted by andres

Posted by andres on July 02, 2001 at 08:59:25:

Hello All,

Ok…I have placed a “We buy houses” ad in the paper, put flyers up, put doorhangers on houses all around my city, and currently in the process of launching a website. I need some help on how to handle certain calls. I know that I will not buy EVERY property that sellers call me about. What are some good ways to tell a seller that I can not purchase their house? How do I tell them that I’m not interested?

Experienced investors, wouldn’t you… - Posted by Duane

Posted by Duane on July 02, 2001 at 16:08:54:

… always want to leave some sort of offer on the table? I know that I’ve read posts on here where the mortgage was only a year or two old and someone still made some money on it. It boils down to either terms or price correct?

I would think that with enough experience, I should be able to make an offer on ANY property in ANY financial situation and make money on it. Of course getting it accepted is another thing. But to keep the positive attitude of being the ‘real estate problem solver’ in my area, I should be thinking, “What else do I need to learn, so I am never at a loss for ideas, so I never have to tell the seller, Sorry, I can’t, or worse, don’t know how to solve your problem.”

Am I wrong for putting this much pressure on myself by setting this type of goal?

Thanks,

Duane

Just say… - Posted by Ben (FL)

Posted by Ben (FL) on July 02, 2001 at 10:43:20:

You say, “For me to be interested, I need to be able to make a profit. Based on what you’ve told me, it doesn’t sound like there’s any room for me to make a profit.”

Or, “Sounds like it makes snese for an owner occupant - you know someone who wants to live there - but it just doesn’t make sense as an investment.”

Most people understand that you are in business to make a profit.

If all they need is a couple of thousand to make up back payments, you say “We only buy and sell houses. We do not loan money.”

You can always blame “company policy” that you can just not go against.