Newbie education - better then Pysch 101 ! - Posted by suzanne

Posted by okie from muskogee on January 11, 2009 at 16:34:47:

Celeste,

The last three sentences you wrote sure seam to hit me. I am so guilty of this on a home I’m trying to sell. I’ve came back twice just to read it again. Maybe I’ll print it and tape it to my monitor.

Thanks,
Okie

Newbie education - better then Pysch 101 ! - Posted by suzanne

Posted by suzanne on January 04, 2009 at 16:51:11:

So for the past week or two I have been talking with owners and doing walk throughs on FSBO. What an education ! On one hand they say, "they need to get rid of it " , but “… that everyone seems to " want something for nothing” . Well, I think to myself, you have an empty box, sitting here , paying lot rent ( for 1 year or more ) and they still think it is an asset. huh ? I can see that this new job of mine, as full-time investor , is really a going to be a lot of educating - going both ways.

I also see units with for sale signs, but they do not put a phone number…interesting to me.

Suzanne

Talk to park managers - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on January 05, 2009 at 10:33:37:

Suzanne,

Along with looking at homes with FSBO signs, talk to the park managers. Many times they’ll aim you at the most motivated sellers (who usually don’t have signs in their windows at all).

Karl

Re: Newbie education - better then Pysch 101 ! - Posted by Celeste-fl

Posted by Celeste-fl on January 05, 2009 at 06:00:04:

Yes it is all about marketing. Most people don’t have a clue about selling. I see signs on the road all the time written in pen where you would have to jump out of the car and grap the sign and put it up to your face just to read it. People are funny. I knew a guy that would not drop his empty rental from $750 a month to $700 a month no matter what. After a year and half of being empty he finally got his $750 and he thinks he won. It will take him years to get back what he lost.