newbie Deal - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Carey_PA on October 30, 2000 at 18:55:54:

Joseph,

If you ask me $9k is still way too much to pay for a mobile home that you’re trying to do a lonnie deal with. He isn’t quite motivated enough. Leave him your name and number and tell him to call you back, better yet, give him a call in a few weeks to see how things are going.

CHECK other homes to see what you can get for this one, but that doesn’t mean that’s what you’re going to pay this guy for this one. Do you understand??
YOU ARE AN ALL CASH BUYER WILLING TO SETTLE YESTERDAY, I’m sure he’s not getting all cash buyers by the dozens, he doesn’t have many people to choose from…Joseph the bottom line is in my opinion $9k is still too much to pay for this home.

If you don’t get this deal, another one will surely come your way! I promise!

Good luck,

CAREY

newbie Deal - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Joseph Madera on October 29, 2000 at 12:35:59:

While driving my cab I came across a mobile home selling for 12k.I met the owner.The reason he is selling is that he is moving closer to his job.He seems motivated and told me he is open to all offers.He wants out quick.I ordered Lonnie’s book but wanted to make an offer on this because by the time the book arrives this will be gone.The mobile home looks new and it has 3 rooms with 1 bath.The park is neatly organized.I leave many passengers there so I know the area well.I’ve been working it for 3 years.What offer can I make and how can I make some money in this?

Re: newbie Deal - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on October 29, 2000 at 14:09:18:

Joseph,

Easy killer…lol don’t go spending 12k on this mobile home…I’m not saying that you were going to BUT it’s going to be kinda hard to get this home at a price that you should be willing to pay when this guy is asking 12k.

Find out how much he would take if you gave him ALL CASH and could close TOMORROW! BE QUIET and let me answer…after he answers ask him “is that the best you can do?” Chances are Joseph, it’s going to be out of your price range! 12k IS TOO MUCH…especially if you’re going to be doing lonnie deals.

What could you get for this home? What types of downpayments and monthly payments could you get? What are other homes selling for in the area?

Joseph, trust me, this home will be available for a long time IF the guy must have 12k CASH for it. Most people that are looking to buy mobile homes do NOT have that kind of cash…so keep an eye on the guys ad or keep inquiring about the home…leave him your name and number and when he realizes that he’s not going to get 12k MAYBE just maybe then you’ll have a better shot at getting the home for a more reasonable price!

Good luck to you,

CAREY

Re: newbie Deal - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Joseph Madera on October 30, 2000 at 16:26:51:

I contacted the owner and he said the lowest he would go is 9K.He is open to all offers.I was driving my cab in the area and saw it for sale.I dont know what others sell in the area for. The owner told me to check other ones in the area.He is open to owner financing.Now what do I do from here?

Good Post, I would add - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on October 30, 2000 at 11:11:31:

Carey is right. 12k sounds high for a Lonnie deal. Get a good relationship going with the PM. Is there back space rent owed? Can the home stay in the park?
Dirk