new kid - Posted by Landon

Posted by Landon on December 14, 1998 at 15:57:01:

thank you john. what area are you investing in?

new kid - Posted by Landon

Posted by Landon on December 14, 1998 at 11:54:21:

I’m a new investor who lives in the middle of Kansas. I have no money to spare for a down payment, bad to no credit, and my wife and I live hand to mouth. What should I be looking for? I live near a town of 20,000 and in a town of 2,000. I’ve bought the Sheets course and have read Robert Allen’s Creating wealth, but I’m scared to death and don’t know where to go. HELP!

Landon

Re: new kid - Posted by DJ

Posted by DJ on December 14, 1998 at 20:25:51:

Landon,
I understand being new to investing can be scary and
intimidating. Although I’ve done a few deals, I am
still learning everyday! There is no better teacher
than experience, but this site will certainly help,
ALOT! There are alot of experienced investors who frequently interact with this site! They are usually
more than happy to answer questions, so don’t be afraid to ask! The only DUMB questions are the ones you don’t ask! There are alot of creative ways to do deals with no money down, but you have to know how to structure the offer! And yes it will cost you a little out of pocket money! I mean you have to pay for gas to cruise neighborhoods and scout for deals, meet with sellers & buyers, and an occasional trip to the courthouse! Plus you have to allow the time required to do these things. So, in my opinion, there is no such thing as a deal with absolutely no out-of-pocket money! Let’s face
it, if you’re like me, your time is worth something!
Although the rewards can be sweet, don’t get in too big of a hurry to make your first deal! You may end up
hurting yourself before you get a taste of what it’s all about! You have to crawl before you can walk!
Being married with kids, I know money gets tight! But
if you can scrounge up enough, you would do yourself a favor by buying one of the courses advertised on this site! Joe Kaiser’s material is great for gettin’ down to business, and you might want to check out Ron Legrands course! Can’t beat either one for the money!
Also, if you want to start out on a smaller scale, check out Lonnie Scrugg’s material on Mobile Home investing! That’s how I got started! It’s a good way to get your feet wet, and keep your investments small
to begin with! Either way you go, best of luck to ya’!

Happy Holidays!
DJ

Re: new kid - Posted by John(KS)

Posted by John(KS) on December 14, 1998 at 15:44:56:

Read everything on this site, the How-To’s, the Success Stories, and this list everyday. Don’t be afraid to ask questions, everyone here is very helpful. After reading this site for a few weeks, decide what aspect of RE Investing you want to pursue. Check out the courses on this site, buy one, and apply what you learn from the course. Sheets, I have heard, teaches you the basics, the the courses here give you step by step detail on how to proceed to purchase RE and what to do with it when you have it. Good Luck.

Where in KS? - Posted by John(KS)

Posted by John(KS) on December 14, 1998 at 13:56:04:

What part of KS are you from, I am in Topeka.

Re: new kid - Posted by Ed

Posted by Ed on December 14, 1998 at 13:28:07:

I am new at this too…I have a wife and three kids…pay child support and live hand to mouth,also…

But I have received a lot of good advice from the chat boards and will pass it to you as I get more.

Check out a book written by (Tyler G. Hicks)called
" how to make $1,000,000 in real estate in three years starting with no cash"

ED