New guy needs help in SoCal. - Posted by KingSlug

Posted by dewCO on November 09, 2000 at 21:57:47:

Are you doing it right?,depends on what you are trying to do. If you’re trying to buy with little or no money out of your pocket, you need to check out this site and the way to attract MOTIVATED sellers. Read all the articles and check the articles. If you’re in no real hurry I’d try this out first.

If you just want to do a traditional loan thing, then you probably have enough money to get something going.

New guy needs help in SoCal. - Posted by KingSlug

Posted by KingSlug on November 09, 2000 at 03:47:18:

I am new to this game. My wife and I would like to buy a house in Southren California. I have thought of puting an ad in the papers and flyers at unempolyeement offices and other location for a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house in our area. I view this as a good way to get started in real estate market in my area and get a home at the same time. What am I missing? I am not in a real big hurry to move into a house but the sooner the better. I also have about 12K to put into the deal. What do you guys think? Am I doing this right? I have never done this before.

Thanks

KingSlug

KingSlug

Re: New guy needs help in SoCal. - Posted by Bill Gatten

Posted by Bill Gatten on November 10, 2000 at 16:41:00:

Dear Mr. Slug,

I might suggest attending a seminar or two on how to buy with little or no money out of pocket, and as Dew pointed out, read everything you can here on CREO in the archives. And befoe you sign up for someone’s seminr or workshop…or buy their books and tapes…get a good feel from others who have been there and done that.

In our organization it’s against all laws of common decency to have to pay money to buy real estate, or to have to qualify for anything.

We feel that “If it ain’t free, it ain’t worth nothin’”–Bobbie Mc Gee notwithstanding.

Bill