New and need help!! - Posted by Nick

Posted by Kawika Ohumukini on January 30, 2004 at 11:24:52:

Whoops, meant search on google. Actually ebay has them too.

New and need help!! - Posted by Nick

Posted by Nick on January 29, 2004 at 16:33:51:

I’m new to REI but trying to learn as much as I can. I have a pretty good understanding of how it all works. My problem is that I just don’t know how to find good property. What I want to do is start out flipping to get some cash in my pocket and then move on to rentals and so on. Can anyone help? Any ideas

Re: New and need help!! - Posted by jeffC

Posted by jeffC on February 02, 2004 at 08:55:46:

You want to find good property to fix and sell?
Bank repos, HUD, and check the paper for auctions. Be careful at auctions, pro investors will spot a newbe and drive the price up on you so you will not come back. Even if you win the auction you will pay too much for the property.
Kevin Myers book “buyit,fixit,sellit,profit” is a good book on the subject.
You might want to try a Agent to find fixers for you. Try a newer agent that is hungry for business, they will work harder for you. Tell them what you are looking for and they can find it in the MLS system.

Re: New and need help!! - Posted by Joy

Posted by Joy on January 31, 2004 at 22:54:21:

I’m new too and so far I’ve been reading this site, as well as 3 other real estate investing websites. I go through all the educational articles and check the message boards ALL the time. There is endless information on flipping. I’m even starting to test myself on the “Help me, this is my first deal…” posts by thinking about what I would do and then reading the advice of people who’ve been investing longer. It gives me an idea of how much more learning I have to do. I’m getting Ron Legrand’s Cash Flow systems. I’ve read tons of rave reviews about it from users on all the websites I’ve gone. Good luck!

Re: New and need help!! - Posted by Kawika Ohumukini

Posted by Kawika Ohumukini on January 30, 2004 at 11:24:22:

Consider getting a good wholesaleing course. I learned from Ron LeGrand and you can get his course cheap. Do a search on ebay for “ron legrand”, on the right look for “Ron LeGrand courses”. You can get it for $230. Works great.

Re: New and need help!! - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on February 09, 2004 at 17:40:27:

what is the best way to find bank repos and HUD?