Need some help - Posted by Brian

Posted by JoeKaiser on October 22, 2000 at 21:29:48:

Brian,

The fact that you don’t yet fully understand the mechanics involved is a problem. This is a big deal. Sit down with your attorney and have him explain exactly what is taking place, and why.

That’s the time to ask these kinds of questions, and you’ll get the correct answers the first time through.

Joe

Need some help - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on October 22, 2000 at 16:45:15:

I have a seller who really wants out from under a beautiful 1998 built house. They are ready to allow me to take over the property subject to. They live in another state and I need to get all of the paperwork signed. How do I go about doing this when we are so far away? The house is right near my residence however they are 1200 miles away from me.

Like on the Warrantee Deed to Trustee there is only one place for a notary to sign and seal and only one place for State and County to be entered. I know this may be a simple answer to you guys but I have never dealt with someone who was an out of state owner.

Please Help

Brian

Pound Foolish . . . - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on October 22, 2000 at 20:32:35:

You’ve got a house worth, let me guess, $100k. Don’t you think it might be a good idea to have someone who knows what they’re doing generate the paperwork?

Hey, make deeds on your computer all day long, but pay someone to do it right the first time. The notion that you would consider doing this and not know how it’s done to begin with is a scary thing.

Take your purchase agreement over to your attorney, have him generate the proper paperwork, and you overnight that paperwork knowing you’re doing it the correct way.

It’s a $100K screw-up waiting to happen, otherwise.

Joe

Re: Pound Foolish . . . - Posted by Brian

Posted by Brian on October 22, 2000 at 21:10:06:

I’m using the Warrantee Deed to Trustee that was in Ron LeGrands Course.

I have visited the local court house in my county and see that another local investor has been using that same deed for years!

What would make mine require anything different?

Brian