Need info for goal setting - Posted by Christopher - FL

Posted by Brent_IL on May 15, 2002 at 12:11:37:

IMHO, a better approach would be to set goals for the activities leading to the deals. Deal-making encompasses all the work you did to get in front of an owner who is motivated to sell. If you set a goal of calling XXX number of FSBO ad’s, or YYY number of agents, and making ZZZ good offers per week, or per day, the deals happen as a matter of course. Once you know your own ratio?s you’ll understand how to set your goals more effectively.

Need info for goal setting - Posted by Christopher - FL

Posted by Christopher - FL on May 15, 2002 at 07:42:32:

Good morning all.

I’m in the process of setting some 2-5 goals for my REI activity and was hoping to get a little info from you seasoned vets as well as the “youngsters”.

Primarily I’m looking for some sense of how many deals per month or year you typically a) offer and b) close. How many should a part-time investor resonably plan for?

I know its potentially unlimited to the number of deals you can find or complete but what would you or have you set as realistic goals?

Christopher-FL

Re: Need info for goal setting - Posted by Scott OKC

Posted by Scott OKC on May 15, 2002 at 13:00:42:

Christopher-
It is best if you focus on what it is that you want when constructing goals. You need to decide what’s right for you. Come up with an exciting vision of what you want, and also your reasons for wanting that outcome. This is the psychology behind goal setting, which is 80% of the equation. Once you are clear on that, then start to think about what actions you need to take.
Make sense? If not, get some Tony Robbins material (e.g., Personal Power).