Need help selling to Investors - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by Crickett (Seattle) on September 21, 2001 at 13:51:37:

I have never received email notification of responses. I didn’t think this board did that at all.

Crickett

Need help selling to Investors - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on September 20, 2001 at 23:14:25:

Hi Everyone:

We decided to change our marketing direction a little. We’re going to concentrate a little less on retail home buys wishing to owner occupy and a little more on Investors wishing to buy wholesale and retail to be landlords.

But my question concerns those Investors wishing to buy retail. What are some good ways to market to them. How would you word a newspaper ad aimed at them? We want to put a fact sheet together working the numbers out on a cash flow analysis for them. Any other ideas? What would I look up in the archives to get more ideas? Thanks.

Re: Need help selling to Investors - Posted by DanT

Posted by DanT on September 21, 2001 at 05:30:31:

IB,
This is a subject that has rattled my cage in the past. Now I admit to living in a small community so maybe that is the difference. Everytime I read of a property FSBO for investment purposes that is “supposed” to be ready to go it is either not in good shape overall or is priced so I can’t make a profit. If you are going to sell to investors you need to make sure they can make money. Not just cash flow but if the house needs a roof in 3 years that needs to be taken into account. I consider anything that needs work in the next 3-5 years to be immediate need and I must make a profit that will cover that expense.
I have been told “well you could refinance”. Of course I could, or buy a property for a little more that doesn’t need a roof! Hope I don’t sound like I’m on a soap box but everytime I see a “wholesale” property for investors they always seem to be a rehab in the waiting priced at wholesale. DanT

Re: Need help selling to Investors - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on September 21, 2001 at 03:27:57:

IB, I believe the Star-Ledger has a classified section for Investment property. A friend of mine just sold a very distressed house through those ads for cash because he found his target group: contractors, tradespeople, rehabbers, potential landlords etc. Good luck.

Re: Need help selling to Investors - Posted by Hunter Pearson

Posted by Hunter Pearson on September 21, 2001 at 01:11:50:

Try the uslandco.com webpage. They say you can wholesale properties to other investors for free.

Re: Need help selling to Investors - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on September 21, 2001 at 08:57:37:

Thanks Dan. Your feedback is invaluable. We will be marketing these properties as retail props. that bring in good rental income. But your point about properties needing repairs within 3-5 years is something I’m going to bring up in my next meeting. I’m constantly stressing to my partners (who handle the hands on aspect of the rehabbing) that we need to make sure we deliver a quality house to our buyer. Thanks again.

On a separate note: I didn’t receive notification of these responses although my email address is listed correctly. Anyone else having that problem?

Actually, - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on September 21, 2001 at 09:02:18:

it might be everyday. They have a section in today’s paper. Thanks.

Re: Need help selling to Investors - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on September 21, 2001 at 08:59:18:

Thanks Ben. I’m going to check the Star Liar :slight_smile: to see what day these investment props. advertise on. Or is that being done everyday?

I’ve been getting mine a few days later. (nt) - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on September 21, 2001 at 20:19:48:

nt

I haven’t received email notifications of - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on September 21, 2001 at 09:16:37:

responses either! Anyone besides me and IB having that problem???