Need Brain Teasers on Narrow Foreclosure - Posted by BobbyTN

Posted by Bill Gatten on June 30, 1999 at 15:43:27:

One solution:

1. Place property in land trust in current owner’s name.

2. Bring all payments current (be sure to get reinstatement letter from the lender).

3. Become a co-beneficiary in the owner’s land trust with full Power of Attorney.

4. Advertise for buyer (i.e, NO DOWN, NO BANK QUAL, AS LITTLE AS 3 PAYMENTS AND CLOS CLOSTS MOVE YOU IN)

5. When propsects call you say: "I have this little house over there here on — street, which is currently in a Trust. And I’m just looking for someone who can afford the afford the closings costs and monthly payments to just give it to. The only thing I want out of it to have you refinance it in a few years and, at that time, if there’s been any appreciation… I’d like to split it with you.

In the above scenario, you can adjust the up-fron money to what the market will bear and what’s required to compensate you for some or all of the repair work that needs to be done. (Perhaps just get the curb appeal up (trim and rose bushes) and make the rest of the refurbishment a part of the Resident Beneficiary’s “sweat equity” obligation).

You could also have an agreement with the Resident Beneficiary (the guy making all the payments) to cooperate in a Re-Fi for your benefit later on, if you wish to pull out some cash (e.g., escrow opened, trust revoked, property refinanced, then property placed back into the trust).

Bill

Need Brain Teasers on Narrow Foreclosure - Posted by BobbyTN

Posted by BobbyTN on June 29, 1999 at 21:54:35:

Hi All,
I answered a question on a foreclosure board for someone in my city. Then got a pleading e-mail from Single mother of three. Bought home thirteen months ago. Lost job a couple months ago, other problems. You know the routine.
Here’s the deal. House appraised year ago at $62,500,
bought for $47,900, weak credit- hard money 13.5%. Now four months behind on 547.63/ mo. payments. Lender says total $49,000 to pay off. Hard line no shortsales no adjustments.
Needs maybe $8,000 to $10,000 to repair. Comps still about $63,000. I have turned this thing every way but loose and just do not see any room help this woman. She only wants to save her credit and get moving money.
Maybe some of you masters can see something I don’t. I sometimes get to close to the forrest and can’t see the tree falling on my head.
Any ideas greatly appreciated. Would like to help this woman if I can.

Thanks

BobbyTN