Need an experienced real estate agent to answer - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Natalie-VA on August 21, 2009 at 07:46:40:

I haven’t a clue…

Need an experienced real estate agent to answer - Posted by Aaron

Posted by Aaron on August 18, 2009 at 14:25:45:

I know that real estate agents pay fees/dues each year to 3 different associations: county, state, and national.

Can anyone tell me what fees/dues go to what association?

Meaning, you pay for MLS lets say 30 bucks a month, who do you pay that to? And so on…

Thanks SOO MUCH!

Re: Need an experienced real estate agent - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on August 20, 2009 at 18:41:12:

Aaron,

There is a difference between a real estate agent and a Realtor. All Realtors are real estate agents, but not all RE agents are Realtors. Those who choose to be a Realtor must pay dues to the local, state and national associations. I don’t know the breakdowns.

This is different than fees paid to be a member of the MLS. This membership is an additional fee paid to have access to the multiple listing service. Many, but not all, MLSs are owned by the local Realtor associations and require membership in the Realtor association in order to obtain membership to the MLS.

Confused yet?

My local MLS is member owned, and you do not have to be a Realtor to be a member.

–Natalie

Re: Need an experienced real estate agent - Posted by aaron

Posted by aaron on August 20, 2009 at 19:05:11:

Hmmmm…

Ok-i have a service I’m trying to sell to realtors- I wanna be able to be an affinity program this way all realtors have access to my service in one shot. Who do I go to? Local or state assoc??
Who has authority to build in a small additional fee to a realtors dues?