Need Advice on a 2wide i am selling - Posted by Jeff

Posted by John(WA) on January 27, 2009 at 21:38:47:

Jerry and I had this happen to us. The park turned down someone whose parents were going to give us $20K for a home. We talked to the PM and they said because they had a current judgement against them. We checked into it and it wasnt a big deal to us but we dont own the park. We went out and bought a SW on its own lot, for a good price, fixed it up, with the buyers money $3000 down up front and then sold it to them for $17K balance in cash and they pay us lot rent. They have been there almost two years now and they want us to find a DW to sell them and they know we would take their home back as down payment, $2500. Gotta love this business.

Need Advice on a 2wide i am selling - Posted by Jeff

Posted by Jeff on January 27, 2009 at 06:54:42:

i have buyers interested in a 2wide i purchased and fixed up. they are paying me 20k cash, but couldn’t get approved by the park manager. I am thinking about staying on as the leasee for the lot, selling them my 2wide for cash and having them pay me for the lot rent. Is this a bad idea? What kind of recourse could i have if they fall behind?

Yes. It’s a bad idea. - Posted by Mr. H

Posted by Mr. H on January 28, 2009 at 07:28:29:

You’re phone will ring everytime the PM sees, notices, or is told about something that the tenants did do, did not do, should have done, etc. You will be responsible for all actions of everyone living in the home. You will be responsible for the condition of the home, lawn, vehicles, home owner’s visitor’s actions… Been there, done that. Never again.

Re: Need Advice on a 2wide i am selling - Posted by Ryan (NC)

Posted by Ryan (NC) on January 27, 2009 at 08:58:58:

Jeff TALK TO THE PARK! Do not just do it!

This is one of the problems with working in someone else’s park, I would simply approach the PM and explain that these folks are bringing a huge chunk of CASH to the table and you would be willing to guarantee their lot rent for a year or so. Being as they are putting so much cash up I don’t think you’ll have any problems with them as tenants even though they don’t seem to meet all of your normal criteria.

Mr. PM I really could use the chunk of cash and am willing to give you a double deposit etc, talk to the park, calm their fears and negotiate the best deal you can.

Best wishes,
Ryan Needler

Is he a felon? - Posted by Dr B(OH)

Posted by Dr B(OH) on January 27, 2009 at 16:51:54:

I Agree with Ryan.

Maybe he wasn’t approved because he has 11,000 felonies. Or maybe the PM knows him from somewhere else and he is a troublemaker. Who knows. Talk to the PM ASAP. People with that kind of cash can disappear quickly.

Steve