My fear is in the forms............. - Posted by tom Kirby

Posted by Tom (MI) on November 07, 2003 at 11:14:35:

Hi Dick,

I enjoyed your PR piece on the Thursdays news. Looking forward to hearing you speak at our meeting on Tuesday as well.

Tom

My fear is in the forms… - Posted by tom Kirby

Posted by tom Kirby on November 05, 2003 at 15:40:51:

I’ve always stepped up to the plate when I tried something different. When I day traded stocks I had to buy & sell with in seconds, one thousad shares at a time to try to make 500 -1000. That didn’t bother me. When I drove in my first race(harness racing)that didn’t bother me. But when I think of all the forms to sign and get it right, who signs where, who signs what,did I forget some form, do I know where to sign, will I forget where to sign. That messes me up. As far as talking to people or making a phone call or explaining the deals to people, no problem! But ah…those forms.;
Thanx, Tom

Re: My fear is in the forms… - Posted by Keith (TX)

Posted by Keith (TX) on November 06, 2003 at 14:45:06:

I would tend to agree with Craig and Dick on the attorney. They definitely would know best. However, if you should decide not to use an attorney, how about creating your own checklist. List out the forms in one column, if it is needed or not needed in the next, signed by you in the next and then signed by the seller in the next. It is a different way of doing it, but I would probably save this as an absolute last resort.

Re: My fear is in the forms… - Posted by David G.

Posted by David G. on November 05, 2003 at 19:33:50:

Try to understand what each form is for and what.

Also try to simplify, use only the NEEDED forms.

Graystone taught me how to do a subject to deal with only 2 forms and it has worked for me very well.

David G.

Re: My fear is in the forms… - Posted by craig

Posted by craig on November 05, 2003 at 15:54:17:

Thats what an attorney is for. You simply must have one.

Re: My fear is in the forms… - Posted by Dick Chelten

Posted by Dick Chelten on November 05, 2003 at 21:25:53:

Amen to Craig’s point. Until I found an attorney that understood subject2, I never felt really comfortable “selling” the idea to myself and as a result, it showed in front of my prospects.
Once I found my atty, I did deals knowing he was “watching my back”. Interestingly, we use most of Charlie and Randy France’s ABC’s of Subject2 paperwork. But I needed the security of an attorney who understood what I wanted and could clsoe all my deals in front of the client as well. In fact, my attorney is the trustee on all my subject2 deals.
My advice: Buy the best advisory team. They are well worth the $$.