Mothers? OT - Posted by tracie

Posted by Karen (Syracuse) on June 25, 2002 at 17:08:40:

Dear Tracie-

I am just starting in REI and have a four year old daughter. It is wonderful to have an exciting way to provide income with a flexible schedule. Already, my daughter has come to look at houses, helped with a rehab and met with a t/b.

There are times, though, that taking her just isn’t prudent. So, I recommend networking with some neighbors with whom you can swap babysitting services. Tomorrow, I’ll be collecting option money and handing over a key while my daughter goes to the lake with my neighbors across the street. Last week, that neighbor’s daughter came here to play and did our grocery shopping with us while her mom set up for elementary school graduation. Plus, we have two good, reliable teenage babysitters in the neighborhood for weekend trips.

It just isn’t realistic for me to expect my daughter to always want to accompany me. A lot of times, things go faster and more smoothly without her. So, sometimes she comes, sometimes she doesn’t.

Also, I use evenings when she’s in bed to make phone calls (people are home then anyway) and to do my reading. I’m so excited by REI that I’m up past midnight a lot of nights, but somehow I’m not tired!

Best wishes for success,
Karen

Mothers? OT - Posted by tracie

Posted by tracie on June 24, 2002 at 16:23:21:

I’d like to know if there are any mothers out there with smaller children that have found they can work REI into their lives on any level at all?