Mold - Posted by DSmith

Posted by smithgall on July 26, 2005 at 10:32:03:

I looked at trailer thsi weekend. It tol had a great deal of mold. My concern was not si much the mold I see on the wall or ceilings it the mold on the other side of the wall. Should you assume that if its on one side then its on the other and if so do you have a responsibility for inspecting and cleaning that? in the south we have mold, its just a fact but i dont know what is “killer” mold or what is acceptable

Mold - Posted by DSmith

Posted by DSmith on July 25, 2005 at 13:31:11:

I have an opportunity to get a 1986 3/2 for basically nothing. The home is not in bad shape. A few windows and ceiling panels need to be replaced and a shower needs to be added. I think I can sell it for around $12,000 after repairs. The problem is there is black mold growing in two of the rooms. It spots most of the ceiling in one room and one wall in another. Is this something that should be a deal breaker? I?ve never had to deal with mold, so I?m not sure if it?s any easy problem to deal with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Re: Mold - Posted by Bruce

Posted by Bruce on July 25, 2005 at 16:40:41:

I had great luck with a really bad one. The sherwin williams rep told me that you must remove it with pure bleach. It was amazing to me how it came off. I then sealed it with a product from sherwin williams called 7000 or something to that effect. Painted it, and 4 years down the road no signs. Wear protection, mold if fairly dangerous and will be airborne spores when you clean it. I got a long handled brush and was able to keep it fairly far away from me. Good luck.